Megan Walker a Future Huskie?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker a Future Huskie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There are many people thinking Walker is very interested in ND along with Grayson and Patterson . Not saying theyre going to ND just that they are very interested in ND.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry but when I saw this post the educator in me started to scream.
1st.... Husky not Huskie
2nd. Geno and staff are not is.... and you really should include his before staff... Geno and his staff.... alot is another no no. Geno and his staff have been to a number of her games. Even then not a big fan of the structure there....
3rd. She and Dangerfield. and what was the interesting quote?

Sorry... I could not help myself I was trying so hard...
And people wonder why teachers are thought of so poorly. And even THEN, you missed the most obvious error. SMH.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. (Those that can't teach, administrate. Those that can't administrate, become guidance counselors.)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. (Those that can't teach, administrate. Those that can't administrate, become guidance counselors.)

Some administrators find it easier to administer. ;)

Reaction Score
Some administrators find it easier to administer. ;)
Both are acceptable. Administrate actually seems better here. What does one "administer"? Sort of vague. But when one "administrates", one serves as an administrator. Sounds better to me, but maybe that's just my pedantic nature coming through.
More pedanticisms:
1. Woody Allen had the line: "those who can do; those who can't teach; and those who can't teach, teach gym." Of course, Woody Allen got in trouble for doing other things with his then step-daughter (now his wife)....
2. Speaking of those sorts of things, the original quotation is from George Bernard Shaw and the kind of thing that got Woody in trouble for doing is something that GBS never once did with his wife, all their married life. So maybe George is not be the best authority for "those who can." :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
@bags27. As I think about this, it seems that there's a sort of sentence-ending finality to "administrate," but "administer" needs an object.

I confess that I wince when people say that commentators "commentate." My knee-jerk reaction is to wonder if folks engaged in a conversation "conversate." :rolleyes:

This little discussion has been preferable to a debate. Thanks. :)

Reaction Score
1st.... Husky not Huskie
2nd. Geno and staff are not is.... and you really should include his before staff... Geno and his staff.... alot is another no no. Geno and his staff have been to a number of her games. Even then not a big fan of the structure there....

Gvie the man a berk. He beleds bule.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
And people wonder why teachers are thought of so poorly. And even THEN, you missed the most obvious error. SMH.

My favorite variation is: Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach, teach teachers. And those who can't do anything, administrate.

But I like yours, too.

Reaction Score
1st.... Husky not Huskie

You need to try a little harder.

Reaction Score
@bags27. As I think about this, it seems that there's a sort of sentence-ending finality to "administrate," but "administer" needs an object.

I confess that I wince when people say that commentators "commentate." My knee-jerk reaction is to wonder if folks engaged in a conversation "conversate." :rolleyes:

This little discussion has been preferable to a debate. Thanks. :)
And thanks to you, Kibitzer. I think you explained the difference a lot better than did I. Thanks for back-formatting with me! :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Indeed. I just feel that Lexi's verbal opened up an over long and well plugged Texas dam(n) which is about to burst.

All it takes is one!! :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My favorite variation is: Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach, teach teachers. And those who can't do anything, administrate.

But I like yours, too.
I got a couple corollaries too. One fits.

Those that can play, play, Those that can't play, coach. Those that can't coach, become announcers. Those that can't announce, become sideline reporters.
:cool:
I suppose we could add those that can't do any of the above end up posting on the Boneyard. :p

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I got a couple corollaries too. One fits.

Those that can play, play, Those that can't play, coach. Those that can't coach, become announcers. Those that can't announce, become sideline reporters.
:cool:
I suppose we could add those that can't do any of the above end up posting on the Boneyard. :p
Those who can't post become Doug Gottlieb.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
And that one was Moriah Jefferson.

The floodgates certainly haven't opened yet, but they may. I am hoping that the top talents in Texas continue to stay in-state, especially in 2017 when there are 7 top 25 players who are still uncommitted.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/25

Just an update to note Walker returned from a sprained foot Thursday and scored 31 points in Monacan's regional semi-final. Monacan will play their regional final tonight.

Reaction Score
The floodgates certainly haven't opened yet, but they may. I am hoping that the top talents in Texas continue to stay in-state, especially in 2017 when there are 7 top 25 players who are still uncommitted.

I'm guessing that Crystal Dangerfield is thanking her lucky stars that she committed to UConn and bypassed home team Tennessee. Dodged a bullet!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Crystal Dangerfield is thanking her lucky stars that she committed to UConn and bypassed home team Tennessee. Dodged a bullet!

You got that right. There may be more bullets to dodge if things don't start looking up for UT Minor.

HGN

Reaction Score
Hoping that the top talents stay in Texas. ETT , that's just being selfish !! Think about the players for a change. They may want a better chance of winning a NC. Sure Baylor and TAM have won one in recent years but when is the last time Texas , Houston , TT , or SMU won it? Let that talent GO. :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So, for those in the know, what are the odds UCONN lands Walker? Where do we stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom