Meeting Mel Thomas..... | The Boneyard

Meeting Mel Thomas.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While celebrating the CShip in section 100 in the New Orleans Arena, I decided to get a closer look by moving down towards the floor. I stumbled upon a HAPPY Mel Thomas reading the "UCONN Wins" Paper with a huge smile on her face. Of course as a fan I conversed with her, even asked about what campus life was like since FGCU hit the fame button. She told me that Men's program was looking for a Coach and Wmn's Program was coming along great.

She also told me that being a UCONN Alum helped her appreciate being at FGCU. She will never take it for granted. ;) Lol Our conversation was short and sweet, didn't want to talk her Ear off. Plus, she had to get back to Maya and Kalana. Very cool chick. Don't know why I didn't get a picture with her...maybe I was caught up in the moment. :(

mel.png

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Cool.

I ran into her on the street. The FGCU thing has been great for her. While she is not personally involved in recruiting, she noted that until recently their recruiting pitches had to start with an explanation that they aren't a Junior College, etc. Now they can mention the name, and the eyes light up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Cool.

I ran into her on the street. The FGCU thing has been great for her. While she is not personally involved in recruiting, she noted that until recently their recruiting pitches had to start with an explanation that they aren't a Junior College, etc. Now they can mention the name, and the eyes light up.
Yea, their Men's run must make recruiting anywhere in the school much easier.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
FGCU Women's BB team was a win away from getting into the NCAA tournament themselves. They lost in the Post Season Conference Final. They were a young team, so who knows maybe next year, they'll make the tournament.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great story. UCONN players, probably to a person, seem to all be super nice and will chat with anyone any time. I've met a bunch of them and the only one who was even a tiny bit stand-offish was Kara Wolters, but it was during the BET and she was deep in conversation with someone important looking.

Reaction Score
Love meeting Alums, they make being a fan so worth it. Now, to add another piece to my story. You didn't think I was going to let Maya and KG slip away?! : )
2013-04-25-15-57-06.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32