Media Day for Geno and Players | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Media Day for Geno and Players

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do college athletes enter school a year older? Anna is already 20 and will turn 21 before the season is over, and Paige is about to turn 19.
In much of Europe, the educational process is longer and more extensive than in the U.S. Graduation from secondary school (the equivalent of our high school) typically occurs at age 19. That is true for Satou Sabally, Anna, and Nika.

Paige's birthday is relatively late in the year. The same is true for Megan and Azzi, as well as Jackie Young. Different states have different cut-off dates for starting kindergarten or first grade. Paige was one of the older kids to start school. My son's birthdate was December 3. In Pennsylvania, I think the cutoff was December 31. He had the option of starting kindergarten at age 4 or deferring to age 5. His mother chose to have him start later, which I supported. He was 22 when he graduated from college, but turned 23 later that year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What other WCBB team has members from 10 media outlets interviewing players in August during a pandemic? #UConnNation
What? Only 10? I remember when 20+ used to cover them in person. The internet has crushed the Newspaper business...:oops:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What? Only 10? I remember when 20+ used to cover them in person. The internet has crushed the Newspaper business...:oops:
I remember when there were 20 in NYC alone.

Reaction Score
In much of Europe, the educational process is longer and more extensive than in the U.S. Graduation from secondary school (the equivalent of our high school) typically occurs at age 19. That is true for Satou Sabally, Anna, and Nika.

Paige's birthday is relatively late in the year. The same is true for Megan and Azzi, as well as Jackie Young. Different states have different cut-off dates for starting kindergarten or first grade. Paige was one of the older kids to start school. My son's birthdate was December 3. In Pennsylvania, I think the cutoff was December 31. He had the option of starting kindergarten at age 4 or deferring to age 5. His mother chose to have him start later, which I supported. He was 22 when he graduated from college, but turned 23 later that year.
Had to be 5 by December 1 to start school in NY, where I was born. Came to CT mid-first grade, and found I was older than 3 kids in the grade above me, that lived within 2 blocks of me. Who knows what my life might have been..

My twin grandsons were born prematurely in September, but their due date was October. In NH, the law is 5 by October 1st. My daughter held them back because identical twin boys seem to take longer to pass milestones than singles or other twins. They are almost 12, and I just sent them some new golf shoes I had... size 10. They might last this year. They’ll be looking down at me (6’) pretty soon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Mir's availability.

Wow, her insights are remarkable.

1) How important it is for the younger players to push the older players
2) The individual HOH wall is great but the Championship wall blows her mind
3) She rather have the most efficient player have the ball in her hands at the last shot
4) The languages blow my mind
5) Geno has words of inspiration that really click in her mind

Not bad for a 4 minute interview.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Who did Boneyarders compare Lou with when Lou arrived?
Still Lou, which was a little odd at the time.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards Media Availability:

So good, well until the last 5 seconds...

Seriously though what an incredibly articulate and intelligence group of young women in this year's freshmen class. They are are so impressive. I can't wait to see them play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom