Media Availibility Day | The Boneyard

Media Availibility Day

Reaction Score
Looking forward to hearing Geno's comments on the upcoming class, and Paige's comments on Azzi coming to UConn!

20201112_120643.jpg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wowsers. Hopefully, Paige is over her tears. :D:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Coach Elliott credited Aaliyah for her physicality. There it is again. Another person acknowledging Aaliyah's "physicality". That's high praise coming from one of UConn's legendary "bangers". Everybody is not wrong. It's one thing for a player to see and acknowledge it, it's another thing for a coach to do it, as most coaches are not easily impressed.

The three players I'm most eager to see play that first weekend is Aaliyah, Paige and Aubrey. I want to see for myself the physicality folks are talking about. I want to see how much Paige has adjusted to playing at this level, and I want to see what a player that is deemed to be 100 times better looks like. :eek:

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Coach Elliott credited Aaliyah for her physicality. There it is again. Another person acknowledging Aaliyah's "physicality". Everybody is not wrong. It's one thing for a player to see and acknowledge it, it's another thing for a coach to do it.

The three players I'm most eager to see play that first weekend is Aaliyah, Paige and Aubrey. I want to see for myself the physicality folks are talking about. I want to see how much Paige has adjusted to playing at this level, and I want to see what a player that is deemed to be 100 times better looks like.

Add another tip of the hat to Aaliyah's physicality.

Reaction Score
Coach Elliott credited Aaliyah for her physicality. There it is again. Another person acknowledging Aaliyah's "physicality". Everybody is not wrong. It's one thing for a player to see and acknowledge it, it's another thing for a coach to do it.

The three players I'm most eager to see play that first weekend is Aaliyah, Paige and Aubrey. I want to see for myself the physicality folks are talking about. I want to see how much Paige has adjusted to playing at this level, and I want to see what a player that is deemed to be 100 times better looks like.

Don't sleep on Anna after all the work she did this off-season.......

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

Agree, but... don't forget a reconfigured Anna and Christyn, a rehabbed Evina and the Eraser, Liv.
Will Nika and/or Mir crack the rotation? How is Project Piath coming along? Will Autumn have her "Polly" moments?

I really can't wait to take in all this season's stories. Need this soooo bad.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Reminds me of what Geno said about Sabrina. She's patient and waits and waits some more. Then, when you make a mistake, she kills you. That's a perfect description of Azzi's game. She looks for an opening, then before you know it, she stops on a dime and swishes that pull-up jumper.

She going to mature (she'll be 19 this time next year) and get physically stronger and improve her game between now and this time next year. Geno always gives players coming in the following year, things he wants them to work on during the up coming season to be better prepared for college level play.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Anna after all the work she did this off-season.......

The talent is here. Once Geno figures out how to blend all of this unbridled talent into a work-able flowing unit, things are really going to get interesting here. It's getting it flow and operate like a well oiled machine is the challenge. You think any Boneyarders will miss that Quinnipiac game 16 days away on the 28th? :confused: I wonder if Quinnipiac fans are looking forward to this game as much we are?

Query......How long do you think Quinnipiac will be in this game before UConn begins to pull away? 5 minutes, a quarter, a half?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think that this is the missing element from teams of the last several years. UCONN lacked someone that could effectively battle and bang with the likes of Baylor and South Carolina. I am looking forward to her contributions on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

Reaction Score

Very interested to see what she means when she talks about Piath. I’m assuming she’s talking about having a player who’s that physically different than everyone else but who knows?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Interview with Paige, Christyn and Partial Geno. Storrs Central Youtube Channel
Jamelle's interview has been added. I'm sure by tomorrow all the interviews will be on Storrs Central Youtube Channel

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom