Media Availibility Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Media Availibility Day

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Piath doesn't look THAT tall, but we should look more closely.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One of the interesting things Geno said was referring to Ducharme as a big wing. There has been some talk that UConn has too many guards both in this class and for upcoming seasons, but I always thought Ducharme was more wing and that Poffenbarger was as well, the latter possibly even playing some interior in certain lineups.

Reaction Score
Anyone else catch how Jamelle said Piath was 6’7”? Do we think that was a mistake or is she actually 6’7”.

We just lost at least 2-3 Boneyarders as their hearts seized up with excitement at the thought of having a 6’7” big.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The talent is here. Once Geno figures out how to blend all of this unbridled talent into a work-able flowing unit, things are really going to get interesting here. It's getting it flow and operate like a well oiled machine is the challenge. You think any Boneyarders will miss that Quinnipiac game 16 days away on the 28th? :confused: I wonder if Quinnipiac fans are looking forward to this game as much we are?

Query......How long do you think Quinnipiac will be in this game before UConn begins to pull away? 5 minutes, a quarter, a half?
Actually, as of right now its 15 days: 17 hrs: 25 min. EST AND Counting! :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sassy as always Chrystin and a bunch of mishy mishy reporter's questions. She disagrees with Geno about whether the offense is clicking. No one had the brains to ask 'when its clicking who is out there?'

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sassy as always Chrystin and a bunch of mishy mishy reporter's questions. She disagrees with Geno about whether the offense is clicking. No one had the brains to ask 'when its clicking who is out there?'

Christyn is definitely the most transparent. I trust her evaluation of the smoothness of the offense in comparison to last year. Just to many good passers to think otherwise. She did let out that Aaliyah can finish better around the basket so it is clear her toughness, motor, screensetting, rebounding etc is more advanced than her offense so she will ultimately need to improve in that to get into real Naphessa comparisons.

Nika continues to be on everyone's mind. She must be something special

By the way, our poor sophomores are never mentioned. and no Evina mentions.

Reaction Score
Piath doesn't look THAT tall, but we should look more closely.
I was thinking the same when I heard her say it, I know it’s not a reliable measure but seeing Piath in practice videos with the other players she almost looked shorter than ONO to me but obviously the camera can play tricks.

Reaction Score
I particularly liked Geno's comment about the starting 5. He was quick to point out that we have 3 returning starters, so the idea of two freshman starting isn't going to happen. Meaning at least one of Aubrey or Evina will start alongside Williams, ONO, and Makurat.

I have felt like Anna is incredibly undervalued on this board and it's nice to hear that she has likely earned her starting role. With the excitement of the current freshman and newly signed recruits, we haven't heard much about our rising sophomores.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Thanks to those of you who posted the videos. Speaking of the visual medium, does anyone know if The Geno Auriemma Show will be broadcast this season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom