Mechelle Voepel on the UConn-CT Sun connections | The Boneyard

Mechelle Voepel on the UConn-CT Sun connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
nice article. nothing you wouldn't expect, per se, but it was nice reading Geno's comments about the kind of players he recruits and how he recruits and teaches them. it's why he's the best there is.

Reaction Score
We know that UConn is the best place for basketball players who want to get to and be successful in the WNBA:)

JS

Reaction Score

Some insightful comments -- by Renee on the motion offense and by Geno on his role as a teacher.

Love how Ms. Voepel is at pains to assure any UConn-resenters that she isn't biased. She isn't, but she does bend over backwards sometimes to say so, on this occasion devoting five paragraphs to the proposition.

Alternative approach: To hell with 'em. The truth is the truth.

We all know the grudging "UConn/ESPN love affair" comments are mainly concentrated among the internet-posting fans of one other program. Some fans of other top programs, looking at the attention UConn attracts, may feel a bit envious, but more along the lines of a healthy "that's where we want to get to." Much different from the less healthy "UConn is there as the result of a big plot."

The success of former, present and future UConn players in the WNBA, the Olympics and other international play, and the NCAA tournaments speaks for itself. If the media want to add a few praiseallujahs, who are we to argue?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This year's WNBA playoff teams have now been set. Every UConn player in the league -- 10 by my count -- will be participating in the playoffs.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This year's WNBA playoff teams have now been set. Every UConn player in the league -- 10 by my count -- will be participating in the playoffs.
I'm sure that is just a coincidence.... ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it's a conspiracy i say.

Reaction Score
It must be ESPN pulling some strings and influancing the games;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It must be ESPN pulling some strings and influancing the games;)

Don't forget the WBCA and their president.

(yes I realize they have nothing to do with the WNBA, but a conspiracy is a conspiracy)

JS

Reaction Score

(yes I realize they have nothing to do with the WNBA, but a conspiracy is a conspiracy)

It wouldn't be a good conspiracy if you could see the connection.

Only people with a special sensitivity can see it. And they know it's all around them.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
We on the inside know those Uconn shills are EVERYWHERE....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It wouldn't be a good conspiracy if you could see the connection.

Only people with a special sensitivity can see it. And they know it's all around them.

I can see it clearest when I wear my aluminum foil hat.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Charli Turner-Thorne is a UConn shill?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't think he knows Geno's term was over.

What? When did that happen? They cycle through these presidents like Madonna does underwear (that's assuming she wears them).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What? When did that happen? They cycle through these presidents like Madonna does underwear (that's assuming she wears them).

It's a one or two year term, not sure which. Geno is no longer WBCA President but he is on the Executive Committee as Past President. Someone from You Know Where is on the Board of Directors. Jen is also on the B of D.

Reaction Score
Have all 10 players completed tours of ESPN in Bristol? Would that be conspiracy or coincidence?

Reaction Score
I remember when Geno became vice-president he said that it was another incentive to make sure his team got to the Final Four every year for the fours years of his vice-presidency and presidency so that he would be excused from the WBCA meetings that take place at the Final Four every year. With a little from some talented players he was able to do just that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, she has. Believe it was in the 2004-2005 season.
i was at that game. it was at ASU. it was a great game for ASU, but disappointing for UCONN fans for sure. but i don't recall the year it was.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
i was at that game. it was at ASU. it was a great game for ASU, but disappointing for UCONN fans for sure. but i don't recall the year it was.
That's correct--the 8 loss season of 2004-05.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom