Meaning (less) Milestones | The Boneyard

Meaning (less) Milestones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're 49-25 overall at Rentschler field.

Next win is 50.

See what I did there? 49 +1 = 50

50-25, after this weekend would be nice. Symmetric.

Reaction Score
Would be nice. Also speaks to the underappreciated Randy Edsall. With the two bozos who ran our program into the ground the last three years, gotta believe Edsall's Rent winning percentage is better than 70%. Pretty damn good for a program that used to be in trailer - see what I did there? :)

Reaction Score
Would be nice. Also speaks to the underappreciated Randy Edsall. With the two bozos who ran our program into the ground the last three years, gotta believe Edsall's Rent winning percentage is better than 70%. Pretty damn good for a program that used to be in trailer - see what I did there? :)

The fact P was awful doesn't make anyone else great.

Reaction Score
Edsall understood the importance of winning games at home, for UCONN, and he established a home winning tradition, that led to a program that was announcing sellouts regularly. The last official sellout, besides Michigan, I believe - was the final game of the 2010 season. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've sold out since then, other than Michigan. The fans in 2010, and before, and most of us boneyarders were there for the sellouts, weren't coming to see Cincinatti. They were coming to see UCONN win.

Screw Pasqualoni.

Diaco, I hope, understands, that winning games at home, is essential for the program to generate interest from the public. It's our culture. Win, for the home crowd, and keep winning, and UCONN fans show up. No time for losing. It's that simple.

Reaction Score
Saying Edsall's winning percentage at Renschler Filed was good and he was underappreciated doesn't in any universe equate to great. Merriam Webster Dictionary: Underappreciated;adjective, not duly appreciated. Great:
Definition of GREAT
a : notably large in size : huge

b : of a kind characterized by relative largeness —used in plant and animal names

c : elaborate, ample <great detail>
a : large in number or measure : numerous <great multitudes>

b : predominant <the great majority>
: remarkable in magnitude, degree, or effectiveness <great bloodshed>
: full of emotion <great with anger>
a : eminent, distinguished <a great poet>

b : chief or preeminent over others —often used in titles <Lord Great Chamberlain>

c : aristocratic, grand <great ladies>
: long continued <a great while>
: principal, main <a reception in the great hall>
: more remote in a family relationship by a single generation than a specified relative <great-grandfather>
: markedly superior in character or quality; especially : noble <great of soul>
a : remarkably skilled <great at tennis>

b : marked by enthusiasm : keen <great on science fiction>
—used as a generalized term of approval

Presumably you were using great in the sense of definition 10.
See what I did there?

Reaction Score
I think it would great to be considered an eight win program right now.

Reaction Score
I believe I used the terms 'underappreciated' and 'pretty damn good'. The fact that you hated his lack of marketing prowess has always clouded your judgment of his skills as a coach.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
FHCRE put UCONN on the map and did a very solid job building the program. He did level off he and going was not the worse thing, but replacing him with the gloom and doom duo was the downfall and put UCONN back five years at least.

Reaction Score
Interesting what directions a discussion can take. I simply posted that we're 49-25 in our home stadium all time, and it would be nice to be 50-25, after this weekend. There is a symmetry to that, well, I just like it. We won't ever have the opportunity to be 50-25 again. I'm stupid with numbers and ideas that way.

Oh, yeah, and I can do math : 49 + 1 = 50

I had no idea how doomed we are. Doomed I say.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Interesting what directions a discussion can take. I simply posted that we're 49-25 in our home stadium all time, and it would be nice to be 50-25, after this weekend. There is a symmetry to that, well, I just like it. We won't ever have the opportunity to be 50-25 again. I'm stupid with numbers and ideas that way.

Oh, yeah, and I can do math : 49 + 1 = 50

I had no idea how doomed we are. Doomed I say.
Yeah but then you posted that Edsall "understood" the value of winning at home, which implies that Pasqualoni would have won more if only be had "understood" the idea that, hey, it's a good idea to win games in front of your home crowd. Which is silly. The were a million things that he got wrong that contributed to his failure, lack of detail, gameday decisions, the wildcat, being tied at the hip to GDL, etc. Running a failing program takes precedence over the home field record...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Good grief, with this place sometimes.

Win #50 would be great, especially on ABC. Saying that we have won twice as much as we have lost in our house, that's great.

As for which coach was great, or wasn't great, or was terrible, or whatever; who gives a rat's ashe?!? UConn was here before all of those people. UConn will be here long after. The accomplishment will be an accomplishment for the UConn family, and not for any one man. Long live Husky Nation...

Reaction Score
Palatine said:

He had a great home record. End of story. That is a fact.

Reaction Score
We're 49-25 overall at Rentschler field.

Next win is 50.

See what I did there? 49 +1 = 50

50-25, after this weekend would be nice. Symmetric.
3 years of the Pasqualoni era really put the hammer to our winning percentage at home.Oh how I miss those golden years.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom