McKnight / Dunk City? | The Boneyard

McKnight / Dunk City?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think he plans on playing his final year of college ball. He needs to make some money. Also, I'm not sure he's good enough to have much impact at our level. He averaged about 7ppg this year on an FGCU team that wasn't nearly as good as last year.

Reaction Score
I don't think he plans on playing his final year of college ball. He needs to make some money. Also, I'm not sure he's good enough to have much impact at our level. He averaged about 7ppg this year on an FGCU team that wasn't nearly as good as last year.

Actually they were pretty much the same team this year, the only difference being they lost the conf. title game to Mercer, so it was out of sight out of mind.
His level was sweet sixteen last year, not sure what you meant by that. And ask Duke what level Mercer was.
I believe he had 6 rpg, nothing to scoff at.

Reaction Score
king conn said:
Actually they were pretty much the same team this year, the only difference being they lost the conf. title game to Mercer, so it was out of sight out of mind. His level was sweet sixteen last year, not sure what you meant by that. And ask Duke what level Mercer was. I believe he had 6 rpg, nothing to scoff at.
No, they lost their best player to graduation (Sherwood Brown, 16ppg) and they really struggled half the time. They were not as good without him nor were they nearly as fun to watch. Mercer was a lot better despite them both being 14-4 in conference. Mercer lost to Texas by 3, beat Seton Hall, Mississippi, Duke and Denver and played Oklahoma very tough. McKnight is ok but I'd think we could find a better 5th year guy. However, I'd take him over not having another experienced 4/5 man. He's a nice kid too, though he's been suspended twice for team violations.

P.S. I go to a lot of FGCU games, I'm not just making stuff up.

Reaction Score
No, they lost their best player to graduation (Sherwood Brown, 16ppg) and they really struggled half the time. They were not as good without him nor were they nearly as fun to watch. Mercer was a lot better despite them both being 14-4 in conference. Mercer lost to Texas by 3, beat Seton Hall, Mississippi, Duke and Denver and played Oklahoma very tough. McKnight is ok but I'd think we could find a better 5th year guy. However, I'd take him over not having another experienced 4/5 man. He's a nice kid too, though he's been suspended twice for team violations.

P.S. I go to a lot of FGCU games, I'm not just making stuff up.

I defer and envy you, I assume you live down Naples way. We have good guards, maybe that is what he missed this year as you say. Although I did see they did beat that Mercer team in the reg. season by 14 pts?
I guess Im saying the same thing though, we have a new hole at the 4 and at this point it might be the best we can do without tying up a scholly with a lesser talent.

Reaction Score
king conn said:
I defer and envy you, I assume you live down Naples way. We have good guards, maybe that is what he missed this year as you say. Although I did see they did beat that Mercer team in the reg. season by 14 pts? I guess Im saying the same thing though, we have a new hole at the 4 and at this point it might be the best we can do without tying up a scholly with a lesser talent.

Yep. I went to that Mercer game. Mercer couldn't make a shot and FGCU went on a huge run.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take McKnight. I'd just like someone a little bulkier with a 10-12 foot jumper if possible. UConn would be good for him though. He could use the exposure and credential boost UConn would provide.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No, no, no and no.

Forget the suspensions, forget that he washed out of Iowa State...if he manages to put up numbers, he does it against bad teams. He had a decent game against SDSU in the '13 NCAA's, but he's largely a no-show against good competition.

He's not good enough.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
No, no, no and no. Forget the suspensions, forget that he washed out of Iowa State...if he manages to put up numbers, he does it against bad teams. He had a decent game against SDSU in the '13 NCAA's, but he's largely a no-show against good competition. He's not good enough.

Eh. Again, it depends who else we could get. McKnight has good hands and foot speed and is a versatile defender. I haven't seen what Facey or Lubin can do. I've seen that McNight can play defense and catch the ball with consistency. I'd take him if we didn't have a better option. But again, he is looking for a paycheck. I believe his dad passed away and his family needs the help financially. I don't think he is playing college ball next year and that's the whole reason he is leaving FGCU in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom