McDonough & Vitale buzzer beater call | The Boneyard

McDonough & Vitale buzzer beater call

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I know cbs wouldn't do it but they should have used this call for one shining moment

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I wonder how many times Dookie V mentioned Dook and K last night

maybe "that last play is a play Dook runs all the time"

or "K would of had his team better prepared to defend that final play"

did Dookie V announce his final four for next year yet? Let's see "Dook, UK, MSU & UNC"

PS: I actually like the man, but he's a idiot when it comes to Dook, and he'll admit he can't help himself

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Dookie V's 2016 FF

UNC, Dook, UK and ........................................Twerps, surprised he let MD in the door

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
McDonough > Nantz on that call. Dickie V was obviously heart broken.

Reaction Score
Funny Tommyboy I also heard "Hamilton, Hamilton at the buzzer..." Not "Villanova";)

But his calls are always special.

Reaction Score
First place Dickie V goes: "they have to check it". Must have been heartbroken.

McDonough's call was great.

Reaction Score
First place Dickie V goes: "they have to check it". Must have been heartbroken.

McDonough's call was great.

Actually, the first place he went was screaming "Oooooh!" And then when the refs blew the whistle to indicate they were going to check the monitors, he noted they were going to check the monitors. Vitale haters are the worst college basketball fans.

Reaction Score
Actually, the first place he went was screaming "Oooooh!" And then when the refs blew the whistle to indicate they were going to check the monitors, he noted they were going to check the monitors. Vitale haters are the worst college basketball fans.
That was pretty much the same way Raftery reacted

Reaction Score

Huh? Every year he overhypes & overpromotes the usual suspects (UNC, Duke, UK, etc) and those who don't like him are the worst college hoops fans?

Reaction Score
McDonough is like a fine wine.
Vitale is like stale tap water.

Having even a hint of Vitale in the background ruins that for me. Sorry if that makes me a bad fan. I just find him absolutely intolerable. I found a 2014 FF game on youtube at one point and couldn't figure out why Vitale was on it. I never had known that they did multiple feeds. Thank goodness we had Kerr and the crew, who i thought did a great job. Vitale's 2014 call was putrid.

Don't take him out back and shoot him. But, for the love of all things squishy, put him out to pasture.

I'd rather have PeeWee Herman and Gilbert Goddfried call a game.

Reaction Score
Huh? Every year he overhypes & overpromotes the usual suspects (UNC, Duke, UK, etc) and those who don't like him are the worst college hoops fans?

He doesn't, though. He promotes them because they're almost always good, and that's his job. It's not like UNC/Duke/Kentucky/Kansas being consistently good is an invention of Dick Vitale's imagination.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Vitale is one of the greatest people involved with the sport of college basketball.

Conversely, some of you are morons.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Love McDonough's voice. I always hear "Hamilton!" In my head when he talks.
The last positive memory in Cincinnati sports history courtesy of Sean McDonough.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big fan of Vitale. I also don't hate him. I just wish we could see some new blood in the broadcasting world. I'm a few months shy of 40 and I've been watching/listening to the same dudes my entire life. I also am slightly annoyed about the age of some of the people. Call it age discrimination, but some of these guys are way too old. They should retire. It's very rare to work with someone over 65 in the rest of the corporate world. Male sports broadcasters are definitely an exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom