McDaniel to visit UConn for First Night festivities | The Boneyard

McDaniel to visit UConn for First Night festivities

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to Rich Elliott's blog: http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/

The information comes from Xylina's AAU coach. The UConn coaches will visit Xylina at her home on Sept 23rd and Xylina will visit UConn Oct 14-16 which includes the First Night festivities as well as the first day of practice.

She'll also visit So Carolina, UNC and Providence.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I like the sound of that.

Interesting list - is there a Providence connection?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
great stuff thanks. good that she's taking all 4 visits. i hope she comes to UCONN but am ok (not that me being ok matters to anyone else) if she decides on one of the other schools. if not UCONN i really hope she goes to UNC, but that seems unlikely as her 2 favorites at this point seem to be SC and UCONN..

as for the PC connection, no one seems to be sure. it was speculated that her dad played with PC's coach in the NBA, but upon further review, I don't think they could find any connection...

I'm hoping we have a big turnout of 2013 kids...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Is First Night sill combined with the men this year? If it is there should be a good crowd since the men won the National Championship and with the Drummond signing.

Reaction Score
This is definitely a good sign that the X Girl will be at first night. I have a feeling that she is going to commit to UCONN during her visit.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would love to see her here. We need size and depth. On this team you will get alot of playtime. Heck I might just shave my legs, grow my hair and play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is definitely a good sign that the X Girl will be at first night. I have a feeling that she is going to commit to UCONN during her visit.
I agree it's a good sign but... per Rich...

McDaniel will visit North Carolina this weekend. She will visit South Carolina Sept. 30 through Oct. 2 and Providence Oct. 21-23.

So she will be at UCONN Oct 14-16 and has a visit to PC scheduled the weekend after. interestingly enough, she's doing home visits with everyone BUT UNC. i'd be surprised but not shocked if she were to verbal after her UCONN visit as she does have the PC visit the following weekend.

Reaction Score
Geno recruits players based on fitting into the system and filling needs. If Geno wants he must see great potential.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
great stuff thanks. good that she's taking all 4 visits. i hope she comes to UCONN but am ok (not that me being ok matters to anyone else) if she decides on one of the other schools. if not UCONN i really hope she goes to UNC, but that seems unlikely as her 2 favorites at this point seem to be SC and UCONN..

as for the PC connection, no one seems to be sure. it was speculated that her dad played with PC's coach in the NBA, but upon further review, I don't think they could find any connection...

I'm hoping we have a big turnout of 2013 kids...
I mentioned the possible connection to Eric, but couldn't find anything. Phil Seymore was drafted in 1981 or so and had a very brief NBA career. He was gone before Xavier was drafted in 1985. My best guess is that Xylina and her father were attracted to Phil's sales pitch at Providence.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like what Xylina has scheduled. If she turns out to be a no-show, I'll be worried. I think we have a good chance at this point.

There are several good 2013 prospects out there, so we don't NEED Xylina, but, if Geno wants her, so do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom