OT: - Mayweather to fight kickboxer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather to fight kickboxer

Reaction Score
That’s because Tim made the mistake of thinking he could stand with him. For a better example of an actual mma vs boxing fight watch Randy Coture vs James Toney.

Or Butterbean vs Genki Sudo

Reaction Score
Its not who but when he fought them.

He fought Mosley, Cotto, Oscar, Hatton at times and weights that were way less cherrypicked than when Pac fought each of those guys. Then again I also don't blame Floyd for when he fought Canelo because the age difference there was going to make it hard to ever get that fight with both in or near their prime.

Reaction Score
He fought Mosley, Cotto, Oscar, Hatton at times and weights that were way less cherrypicked than when Pac fought each of those guys. Then again I also don't blame Floyd for when he fought Canelo because the age difference there was going to make it hard to ever get that fight with both in or near their prime.
:rolleyes: and here we go. We talking about floyd and you want to bring up manny.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Shocker, Mayweather wins.

Mayweather set the rules, which included a $5 million fine if his opponent tries to use his feet. Coward.

Floyd Mayweather makes easy $9 million with TKO vs. Tenshin Nasukawa

I have no idea why this is so hard....they offered Mayweather a mint to spend New Years in Japan fighting what amounts to an exhibition boxing match.

The man is in his 40's and people think he's going to learn a new sport just to make them happy?

Reaction Score
I mean he's not forcing these guys in there under his rules at gun point. They're collecting fat checks and talk like they think they can beat him. Floyd is an old man at this point and he pimp smacked this kid around.

Reaction Score
He is probably going to get $10MM +. I'd gladly let somebody kick me in the head for that kind of payday.
I would knock myself out before I let one of them even think about landing a blow. I would be knocked out from touching gloves at the start.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have no idea why this is so hard....they offered Mayweather a mint to spend New Years in Japan fighting what amounts to an exhibition boxing match.

The man is in his 40's and people think he's going to learn a new sport just to make them happy?

What's next, Dancing With The Stars, but on his terms? Don't get me wrong, I'd watch, but that's what it's come to with Mayweather. He's an over the hill fighter who wants to stay relevant. In doing so he's become a carnival act.

And his insisting his opponent be fined $5 M if he used his feet isn't exactly in the spirit of an exhibition.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What's next, Dancing With The Stars, but on his terms? Don't get me wrong, I'd watch, but that's what it's come to with Mayweather. He's an over the hill fighter who wants to stay relevant. In doing so he's become a carnival act.

Getting paid $1m/minute not a bad life

Reaction Score

Rather than staying relevant, I think he likes the idea of easy money. As you said, you'd watch.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

And his insisting his opponent be fined $5 M if he used his feet isn't exactly in the spirit of an exhibition.

I think all of this sailed straight over your head.

He just collected about $10M for basically nothing.

It has zero to do with relevance...it’s about collecting $10M.

Reaction Score

I think you are misreading this. They basically called him and said "please take $10 million" and first-class luxury accommodations to spend NYE in Japan." Why would he say no? He now gets to celebrate NYE again, butwith an extra $10 million in his pocket. Again, why would he say no?

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Yeah, I get that. It was still a carnival act, and he made sure he'd be paid for basically doing nothing. If someone wants to throw $10M at me for doing the same, I'd jump at the money. But then again, I've never been the best in the world at what I do. If I had, I wouldn't cheapen my legacy with staged fights against men with little experience boxing.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I think you are misreading this. They basically called him and said "please take $10 million" and first-class luxury accommodations to spend NYE in Japan." Why would he say no? He now gets to celebrate NYE again, butwith an extra $10 million in his pocket. Again, why would he say no?

For the same reason most retired boxers don't do the same thing - self respect.

Reaction Score

And he will find a way to quickly blow through that money. Dude is the worst thing that's happened to boxing.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

You must have missed it but Floyd was on season 5 of DWTS.
https://dancingwiththestars.fandom.com/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Jr..
1546301446702.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, I get that. It was still a carnival act, and he made sure he'd be paid for basically doing nothing. If someone wants to throw $10M at me for doing the same, I'd jump at the money. But then again, I've never been the best in the world at what I do. If I had, I wouldn't cheapen my legacy with staged fights against men with little experience boxing.

His legacy is complete. He is an old man in his sport. He is making millions for carnival contests that don't affect his record.

Think harder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom