OT: - Mayweather to fight kickboxer | The Boneyard

OT: Mayweather to fight kickboxer

Reaction Score

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The part the article convieniently leaves out is that Tenshin weighs 125lbs while Floyd walks around about 155-160lbs. This is for new years eve in japan and wreaks of a staged show with the outcome already pre determined. Not sure what purpous this fight serves. Maybe Floyd is having money problems.

Mayweather is becoming a carnival act.

Reaction Score
Mayweather is becoming a carnival act.
His legacy will be a guy that made a ton of money in the sport but never did nothing to help the sport and made it cool to take the least risk for the most money. In other words never fight the fights that matter when they matter.

Reaction Score
Mayweather decided this is a better idea than fighting Khabib in UFC.

Khabibs mutilation of Connor can't be enjoyed enough.

Reaction Score
His legacy will be a guy that made a ton of money in the sport but never did nothing to help the sport and made it cool to take the least risk for the most money. In other words never fight the fights that matter when they matter.

Who didn't he fight?

Reaction Score
The next generation prefers MMA - boxing is on its way out.
Greatly exaggerated. I enjoy both. MMA is never overtaking boxing. They still don’t put a big card of theirs against a top boxing match. I don’t think boxing bothers to look at a calendar to see if there is any ufc going on when they schedule their matches.

Reaction Score
Tenshin is a better striker than Conor McGregor. Way better, actually. Weight difference won't help and i'm sure Floyd will try to skew the rules, but this guy is *no joke*

Reaction Score
As for which is more popular, it's boxing, but not by much. Thing is, over half of each fan base consider themselves fans of the other, so...

Boxing's slight edge in popularity has more to do with the fact it's more popular with urban/African American/Hispanics... It's a pretty big gap. Conversely, they're a lot older, too. In every demo south of 40, MMA is more popular or even-steven. My guess is yeah, it'll overtake Boxing at some point. I love both... but I also watch a lot of kickboxing, Japanese MMA and just enjoy combat sports in general.

2300-mmaboxing-poll0824.jpg

Reaction Score
This can’t be more false... look at PPV numbers for the two sports.

Outside of the top boxers, FM, Paq, GGG and Canello boxing’s PPV numbers aren’t great.
UFC’s numbers are more balanced.
CM vs Khabib did over 2 mil ppv’s where Canello vs GGG only did 1.1.

Reaction Score
Tenshin is a better striker than Conor McGregor. Way better, actually. Weight difference won't help and i'm sure Floyd will try to skew the rules, but this guy is *no joke*

There is zero chance FM allows kicking, knees or elbows. And if he does you can rest assure this fight is fixed. Japan is know for “shoot fights” with there pro wrestling love.
Look up Coleman vs Takada for proof.

Reaction Score
There is zero chance FM allows kicking, knees or elbows. And if he does you can rest assure this fight is fixed. Japan is know for “shoot fights” with there pro wrestling love.
Look up Coleman vs Takada for proof.

Wouldn't be totally shocked. I'm just more baffled as to where they found the cash to bring Mayweather in. A lot of people are saying Yakuza, but they say that every time anyone in Japanese fight sports does anything of note.

Even Tenshin on just his feet though... depending on the gloves... will be a way more interesting fight. Conor was a tomato can for Floyd to crush, basically. This guy isn't a tomato can.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be totally shocked. I'm just more baffled as to where they found the cash to bring Mayweather in. A lot of people are saying Yakuza, but they say that every time anyone in Japanese fight sports does anything of note.

Even Tenshin on just his feet though... depending on the gloves... will be a way more interesting fight. Conor was a tomato can for Floyd to crush, basically. This guy isn't a tomato can.

I am expecting something similar to this,

Or they are just using Mayweather a name to draw up interest in the league. Similar to Tyson back in the day against Bob Sapp.

Bob Sapp vs. Mike Tyson

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Mayweather is the best business man in boxing history. He’s a world class promoter and fighter. But yes his style isn’t as visually appealing as you’d like.

MMA lost me when the judges just lost their minds in Shogun/Machida 1. Rua absolutely dominated the fight, was fantastic at blocking machidas strikes, and somehow lost on decision. I dislike sports with such subjective outcomes, that fight is a perfect example.

Reaction Score
It just depends on the rules.

I mean nothing is weirder in combat sports than RizIN, but yeah, this is like... I dunno.. i'll believe they fight when I see it, I guess. This isn't a Conor money grab. This guy is LEGIT on his feet and terrifying if he's allowed to use them at all. I just can't imagine a scenario where Floyd lets that happen.

Reaction Score
Mayweather is the best business man in boxing history. He’s a world class promoter and fighter. But yes his style isn’t as visually appealing as you’d like.

MMA lost me when the judges just lost their minds in Shogun/Machida 1. Rua absolutely dominated the fight, was fantastic at blocking machidas strikes, and somehow lost on decision. I dislike sports with such subjective outcomes, that fight is a perfect example.

Boxing is way worse. Way, way, way worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom