Maybe we lost more than we thought from last year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maybe we lost more than we thought from last year

Reaction Score
Are the admission requirements too tough for us to compete?
we have players whose twitter bios said they had a sub-3.0 GPA in high school, but a sub-3.6 puts most in-state students in branch campuses, so I don't think they enforce super hard for athletes as long as they passed HS decently.

Reaction Score
To me the biggest portal failure was QB. It was obvious a decent transfer QB would have a good shot to start at UConn and the only QB they got was JF.
Which is surprising because it was pretty obvious that with a good QB, we’d have won a lot more games last season.

Reaction Score
Losing Carter was meaningless he only played in a few games and we had a terrible record in those games. He didn't really contribute to any victory except Central Connecticut. We brought back four of five offensive linemen, yet our run blocking has regressed.

The big problem is the defense has regressed especially the front seven. Mitchell had awful game versus GS. He picked the wrong hole or got caught up in the wash leading to huge plays that killed the Huskies. The new LBs haven't shown much. Watts - and the rest of the DL- has disappeared. The DBs have stopped looking for the ball.

The QB play has remained the same. Not very good.

Reaction Score
Losing Carter was meaningless he only played in a few games and we had a terrible record in those games. He didn't really contribute to any victory except Central Connecticut. We brought back four of five offensive linemen, yet our run blocking has regressed.

The big problem is the defense has regressed especially the front seven. Mitchell had awful game versus GS. He picked the wrong hole or got caught up in the wash leading to huge plays that killed the Huskies. The new LBs haven't shown much. Watts - and the rest of the DL- has disappeared. The DBs have stopped looking for the ball.

The QB play has remained the same. Not very good.
The center is getting physically overwhelmed. Pass blocking alone he is allowing to much pressure up the middle. The two long td runs; the defensive set left Mitchell too much area to cover on Grainger's run, don't think he was on the field for td by the running back and yeah he needs to play better. Swenson had a very solid career here and Randall was productive. Don't think the TEs are good blockers. Thought Niemenski was a decent downfield blocker last year, but he doesn't play as much.

Reaction Score
On offense, Jake Guidone seems like the biggest loss. Seems like he was the glue holding the line and the running game together. Turner and Marion have a combined 30 yards this year. Carter actually faced a decent opponent today and ran for less than 3 yards a play.

Reaction Score
I'm going to add to my original post on what we lost from last year.

Last year, the team was coming off a horrible season and they seemed committed to turning the team around. Somewhere between the end of last season and the start of this season, we lost that focus and commitment.

Reaction Score
I'm going to add to my original post on what we lost from last year.

Last year, the team was coming off a horrible season and they seemed committed to turning the team around. Somewhere between the end of last season and the start of this season, we lost that focus and commitment.
Wondering if there was some emotional letdown about the B12 invite fizzling out.

Reaction Score
On offense, Jake Guidone seems like the biggest loss. Seems like he was the glue holding the line and the running game together. Turner and Marion have a combined 30 yards this year. Carter actually faced a decent opponent today and ran for less than 3 yards a play.
If you look at just the highlights of the FIU game, our center gets blown back into the rb on running plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom