Maybe UConn should just stay in the AAC

Discussion in 'Conference Realignment Board' started by StoningtonQB, Nov 14, 2016.

1. pnow15

pnow15 Previously pnete

The ACC is ran by Southerners with Southern sensibilities. Louisville was a better sociological fit.

HuskyinWRNY likes this.
  2. billybud

billybud

Oh I am shivering....

3. HuskyinWRNY

HuskyinWRNY

You're dreaming if you think we'll ever get out of an AAC level conference. It's just the way it will be.

4. Sea Goat

Sea Goat

Don't shiver... And have a Merry Christmas! (BTW, I hope you're healthy!)

5. Butch

Butch truthaboutislam.org

If I felt we don't have a strong chance of being wooed by a P5 conference, I wouldn't be posting what I post. I don't post based on my speculation, I am posting based on what others who are actually worthy say. I am not trying to give false hope. But as I said, believe as you please.

Anyhow, interesting data I came across; Connecticut cities are not anywhere as dangerous as they used to be. Bridgeport is now the 96th worst city in the US. Hartford is the worst CT city at 53.

Top 100 most dangerous places to live in the USA - NeighborhoodScout

6. billybud

billybud

Thank you...and a Happy New Year to you and yours,,,

I indeed am healthy...had a biopsy two weeks ago (exploratory)...not been metastatic.

Thanks much for asking.

uconnell likes this.
  7. HuskyinWRNY

HuskyinWRNY

Hey Butch, I'd be tickled beyond belief if we made it. I grew up in West Haven and have been a fan for my whole life - very good times and the ugly times. I just don't see us ever being invited to P5 as the powers that be (ESPN, Fox, whomever) don't have the desire to add us since we're stuck way up here in Ne England - not enough $ to make sense.

8. Butch

Butch truthaboutislam.org

Then you are way behind in understanding television money and our market. We're in one the most densely populated area in the country. And yet, this region has the fewest FBS teams out of all regions. There's a huge void in college athletics because of Ivy League schools and professional athletics. The sports scene was dominated by both here. When the Ivies declined, people gravitated towards pro teams. Then came along Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma. UConn basketball has already proven to be a huge success in between Boston and NYC. I mean, c'mon. You really can't see money here? Our fanbase is significantly larger than SU and BC and maybe Rutgers. Only Penn State and maybe Army would have larger fanbases, overall.

You might not see it, but people linked to executives do.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  9. HuskyinWRNY

HuskyinWRNY

Your lips to the TV gods ears!

uconnell likes this.