Maybe UConn didn't win the Big East championship but... | The Boneyard

Maybe UConn didn't win the Big East championship but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
...it defeated the ACC champion Duke and tossed in 2 wins over 2nd place Maryland as well.

...it defeated the Pac 10 champion Stanford.

...it defeated the Big 10 regular season champion Penn State and tournament champion Purdue.

...it defeated SEC champion Texas A&M.

...it defeated WAC champion Idaho.

and, oh yeah,

...it defeated Big East champion Notre Dame.

So there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
...it defeated the ACC champion Duke and tossed in 2 wins over 2nd place Maryland as well.

...it defeated the Big 10 champion Penn State.

and, oh yeah,

So there.

Well the Big 10 Champion wasnt Penn State.... it was Purdue... but yall demolished them too ;)

Reaction Score
Darn! Now I wish Baylor had made it to the championship game, because then we would have beaten the Big Twelve champ as well!
Me too! I actually predicted the championship game the beginning of the year being Baylor vs. UConn, so I was close.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We beat all of them by at least 18 and most of them by about 30. In most of our 35 wins, we blew out the other team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Darn! Now I wish Baylor had made it to the championship game, because then we would have beaten the Big Twelve champ as well!
I really wanted the head to head game with Baylor. Be the best, beat the best. I truly believed would beat Baylor once getting by ND.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Bottom line is that UConn won a national championship emphatically, played its best basketball when it mattered most, and rose to the occasion at a time when other presumed elite programs faltered. It's not like Louisville beat Baylor and then promptly laid an egg in the regional finals. They won that game and their national semifinal game as well. And then got bludgeoned by UConn, but the point is that they didn't make it to the NC game by accident.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Absolutely, I will gladly still take the championship but I just happen to prefer the favorites head to head.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
OK - Here goes. . .

They won the National Championship - it doesn't get any better than that.

BUT - They lost the conference title and the conference championship. Something that UConn teams just don't do. They have no chance at redemption.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
OK - Here goes. . .

They won the National Championship - it doesn't get any better than that.

BUT - They lost the conference title and the conference championship. Something that UConn teams just don't do. They have no chance at redemption.

Huh????? They beat the team that won both of those by 18. Not sure what you mean by redemption. I'm feeling pretty good about that and I'm pretty sure the team feels redeemed as well.

I'm also pretty sure that ND would trade both those titles for the one UConn won.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Redemption..............generally worth about a nickel at most of the machine.

Mikey, aren't the constant flame acts getting a little tiresome for you.

"The object is to win the national championship, by the usual methods, but if you don't win your conference titles while taking that NC, you're doomed and beyond redemption."
Jess Shootmee

Reaction Score
Great teams show up in the biggest games, Baylor, Notre Dame both lost in their most important games, UConn won.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Huh????? They beat the team that won both of those by 18. Not sure what you mean by redemption.
Never have a chance to win the Big East Season or Tournament Championship again.

Reaction Score

...it defeated the Big 10 regular season champion Penn State and tournament champion Purdue.

and, oh yeah,

So there.

We lost some battles but we won the war!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Huh????? They beat the team that won both of those by 18. Not sure what you mean by redemption. I'm feeling pretty good about that and I'm pretty sure the team feels redeemed as well.

I'm also pretty sure that ND would trade both those titles for the one UConn won.

You're too easy.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Never have a chance to win the Big East Season or Tournament Championship again.
Ahh....with the end of the BE as we know it....without UConn....that would be 100% correct.

My bad.

Reaction Score
I would have preferred to face Tennessee in the title game for #8. I suppose I'll just have to be satisfied to beat the LVs in Nashville for #9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom