maybe maine stinks | The Boneyard

maybe maine stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New players and parts, need a team like Maine to open the season. They had fun last night and certainly looked like they were getting to know each other and enjoy playing together. These opening games develop chemistry and confidence.

Anyway this fan sure enjoyed the blowout.

Reaction Score
Maine isn't a very good team, but I'm pretty sure UConn made them look a lot worse than they really are.

Reaction Score
Maine was good prescription for the players. If you look at this pic you'd think they were playing Maryland:

1200x675

Reaction Score
It's a double-edged sword…

It's hard to nitpick this win. We've gone into many of these early season games & had a much tougher time than expected & just chalked it up to the team needing time to jell.

We should just sit-back & enjoy instead of downgrading the win. It's a great start!

Reaction Score
Even given how bad Maine is, that is still a great performance. Excellence is a habit. A team that plays down to its opponents risks failing to step it up when it really matters. That isn't to say they won't. It is just less likely. I like what this team is displaying right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought Maine played pretty well early.

Reaction Score
I thought Maine played pretty well early.
I didnt have video until the second half. It may have skewed my perception. Pretty much all i saw was blocks, dunks and fouls by Maine.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Maine does stink, but we have seen previous UConn teams look sluggish or generally underperform in these kinds of games.

Exactly. We play at least 4 or 5 teams every year that stink; I can't remember the last time we put together a performance that complete.

Reaction Score
Why do college basketball games have to be spaced out so far? I want to watch this team every night. I guess the spacing in the schedule makes each game that much more exciting.

Reaction Score
Eh, Coppin State was ranked 300+ by kenpom last year and ended up with a record of 8-23. Awful team, but UConn still let them score 86 points. I'll take a 100-56 win against a horrible team any day of the week.

Reaction Score
Wait, are you saying Brimah's 40 point game wasn't against a good opponent? Prepared to be destroyed and told how Thabeet had a good NBA career.

Eh, Coppin State was ranked 300+ by kenpom last year and ended up with a record of 8-23. Awful team, but UConn still let them score 86 points. I'll take a 100-56 win against a horrible team any day of the week.

Reaction Score
Maine was playing 4 freshmen and 2 sophs most of the time.......against what was likely a Final 4 team. Give 'em a break.

Reaction Score
Don't take offense… I think the thread was more aimed at looking at the quality of the UCONN win v. shooting down Maine.

I actually thought Maine looked pretty good in the first half & just got worn down. Good luck the rest of the way…

Maine was playing 4 freshmen and 2 sophs most of the time..against what was likely a Final 4 team. Give 'em a break.[/QUOT

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if that is an above average America East team. We only beat Bryant by thirteen in last year's opener and we were ranked 17th then. Please allow yourself to feel good today.

Reaction Score
Maine was 3-27 last year and supposedly lost some of their best players. It's good UConn didn't struggle like other early season games, but in reality many good HS teams would play with them.

Their tallest player is 6-8, it's not suprising Brimah has good stats. Good look at his stats against RPI top 50 teams. I think he's has one double digit scoring game in 2 years.

I would not be surprised if that is an above average America East team. We only beat Bryant by thirteen in last year's opener and we were ranked 17th then. Please allow yourself to feel good today.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree. We looked good, but Maine looked lost. I'm going to try to temper my excitement until we get a few more games under our belt. I thought those DII teams (Tampa in particular) looked better than Maine.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The opponent had nothing to do with D Ham knowing where Miller was on the break and flipping the ball back to him.

The opponent had nothing to do with Miller running from NBA three point range, jumping to Pantoni's tiles and slamming that putback home.

The opponent had nothing to do with the ball movement that has continued to be picturesque for three games.

I get the propensity to hedge our emotions. But this is a great basketball team and this is going to be a fun year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom