maybe maine stinks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

maybe maine stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn dominated from opening tip and played with energy against an inferior team. They did what good teams are supposed to do to bad teams - bury them. Look around the country, not every team with a vastly superior talent edge could do that last night.

Reaction Score
Imagine the threads and posts if we had only beaten them by 10 or something.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Some people.
You give them a million dollars and they complain they have to make change.

I saw a team that was fast and moved the ball like I haven't seen them do in years.The graduate newbies were fantastic and the freshmen showed potential. DHam has moved to another level.
If you think it was a pass to the Final Four, your crazy. But it was close to as good as it possibly could be

Reaction Score
To re-iterate, Maine was overmatched (though I was impressed with that freshman, #23), but any time you can string together something like a 48-7 run to open a second half against a D-1 team you're doing something right.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree. We looked good, but Maine looked lost. I'm going to try to temper my excitement until we get a few more games under our belt. I thought those DII teams (Tampa in particular) looked better than Maine.

Temper your excitement?

Didn't you want Gibbs and Brimah to lose their starting spots after 2 exhibition games? You weren't trying to temper anything than.

Reaction Score
Temper your excitement?

Didn't you want Gibbs and Brimah to lose their starting spots after 2 exhibition games? You weren't trying to temper anything than.
You are thinking of someone else

Reaction Score
This is what good teams do when they play inferior competition like Maine. Others have pointed out how in the down years we would beat these kind of teams but didnt look good doing it. Last night we had the look of the great UConn teams of the past when the other team had no shot of winning and the scoreboard showed it. I remember in the 03-04 championship season there were a lot of blowouts vs teams that just couldnt match up with us talent wise. Thats exactly what happened last night.

Reaction Score
JSM1970 said:
Maine was 3-27 last year and supposedly lost some of their best players. It's good UConn didn't struggle like other early season games, but in reality many good HS teams would play with them. Their tallest player is 6-8, it's not suprising Brimah has good stats. Good look at his stats against RPI top 50 teams. I think he's has one double digit scoring game in 2 years.

We get it man.

You gotta calm down.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Some school named Radford beat Georgetown tonight. We won by 50. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom