OT: - Maya's Comments on Drew Brees (Sanitized For The Boneyard) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Maya's Comments on Drew Brees (Sanitized For The Boneyard)

Reaction Score
It was readily apparent from the first time I'd heard her, as a freshman in Storrs, that she was an amazingly mature and elegant young woman .... In the intervening years, it's apparent that she's grown into an even more amazing woman and there's very little that I would think that's beyond her capabilities ..... You said it all when you said spoke of her eloquence and how amazingly she represents herself, her family, her university, her community .... We've had many wonderful representatives from the women's program in Storrs but certainly there's no one whose done a better job and she's easily worthy of the title, GOAT
[/QUI love the way she epresses her thoughts.. unlike another goat who never met an expletive she didn't like..

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't want to get political but Drew Brees has personally given something close to 10 million dollars to fund programs for all of the people of New Orleans since he's lived there...............sometimes actions speak louder than words............
And vice versa..........

Reaction Score
On the court, Maya, whether for UCONN, the LYNX or USA basketball always saw the big picture, putting team first before personal accolades. She had a maturity, depth of character and sense of purpose from the first day she wore a Husky uniform.That was expressed not only on the court but in how she has lived her life. I am a great admirer of her basketball skills and the heart that she has always brought to the game. I truly miss that and would love to see her back with the LYNX alongside Pheesa and Danger, but until then I continue to admire and respect the GOAT she is as a person. I don't believe we could ask for a better UCONN WCBB role model.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Here is another generally related factoid. A group a minority players in the NHL (where they are a very small minority) have formed a new organization called the Hockey Diversity Alliance. Evander Kane seems to be the leader in this effort. They listed about five other players who were participating, but the list did not include Darnell Nurse (brother of you-know-who), which somewhat surprised me. Maybe the Oilers didn't get the Advocating Nurse.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Drew is a man of great charity, faith and patriotism but he definitely needs to internalize the concept and reality of institutional injustice. The good thing is that a decent person can always learn and grow
he was talking about honoring those that have sacrificed for all in this nation, he was also referring to the service and sacrifice of members of his family going back generations. He did and does more than just write checks for all citizens of New Orleans. More than working to get 1 possibly wrongly convicted man out of jail.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
he was talking about honoring those that have sacrificed for all in this nation, he was also referring to the service and sacrifice of members of his family going back generations. He did and does more than just write checks for all citizens of New Orleans. More than working to get 1 possibly wrongly convicted man out of jail.
Not sure if you are agreeing to eebmg’s post or trying to pick a fight. Brees has apologized for the insensitivity of his comments, and that should be what we take away from this. Why the need to minimize Maya’s work on behalf of racial justice? Maya is serving her community and should be applauded for her efforts.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
he was talking about honoring those that have sacrificed for all in this nation, he was also referring to the service and sacrifice of members of his family going back generations.
Then why didn't he make his innocent comments the week before? Or the month before?

Reaction Score
Then why didn't he make his innocent comments the week before? Or the month before?
It does not make a difference when he made comments. Nobody needs to apologize for honoring flag and country.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It does not make a difference when he made comments. Nobody needs to apologize for honoring flag and country.
Evidently, Drew Brees disagrees with you.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow...KML almost Katie Lou's record

Hope KML gets in excellent shape and shows the WNBA what she can do. Should be able to shoot 40+ % from 3pt with her eyes closed. Hoping a return to CONN helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom