Maya Moore rookie of year | The Boneyard

Maya Moore rookie of year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
felicitazioni... felicidades... Συγχαρητήρια... félicitations... gong xi... goeie wense... congratulations!

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Great news and congrats to Maya - and to her team!!!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
This is terrific!! We have been predicting it on the Yard for some time...Yay!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Maya oh Maya mia....Congratulations! Well deserved... What a joy it has been following this kid through her senior year, through her college career and now that she has blossomed into a woman into her pro career. A truly wonderful human being and one heck of a basketball player. I have further commentary to share with Maya...what are you waiting for, now go get a WNBA Championship!... :)

Reaction Score
Congrats to Maya. She has really turned it on in the latter part of the season.

Reaction Score
I don't know anyone who added more to her TEAM than Maya did.
She was that missing link. You have to think (regardless of the stat sheet) her addition HAD to open opportunities for much of the other talent on the team. It just seems that EVERYONE on the Lynx got better.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't know anyone who added more to her TEAM than Maya did.
She was that missing link. You have to think (regardless of the stat sheet) her addition HAD to open opportunities for much of the other talent on the team. It just seems that EVERYONE on the Lynx got better.
you know, not to take anything away from Maya, but this was the first time in 3 seasons that Siemone was 100% healthy for the entire year, and they also added Jessica Adair and Taj McWilliams-Franklin to the team. (well, Adair did play 1 game for them last year)... Also Wiggins was healthy this year after only playing 8 games last year for them.

i think it was a combo of all those things. of course Maya was the most important piece!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
you know, not to take anything away from Maya, but this was the first time in 3 seasons that Siemone was 100% healthy for the entire year.

Maya helped Seimone, too. Once Maya found her scoring touch, she demanded to be defended. Opponents were then put into the terrible position of having to choose to 1. double Maya and let Seimone try to beat them, 2. double Seimone and let Maya try to beat them or 3. put one defender each on those two ridiculously athletic, talented - and smart - players.

Yes, I know that Whelan, Brunson, Taj M-F, et al also have a lot to do with the Lynx's great season but my point was the just being healthy wasn't the full reason Seimone was so effective this season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maya helped Seimone, too. Once Maya found her scoring touch, she demanded to be defended. Opponents were then put into the terrible position of having to choose to 1. double Maya and let Seimone try to beat them, 2. double Seimone and let Maya try to beat them or 3. put one defender each on those two ridiculously athletic, talented - and smart - players.

Yes, I know that Whelan, Brunson, Taj M-F, et al also have a lot to do with the Lynx's great season but my point was the just being healthy wasn't the full reason Seimone was so effective this season.
correct, but i was talking about ALL the additions and changes to the Lynx this year. to say they were great solely because of Maya, without adding Augustus' and Wiggins' health, not to mention Adair and TMF, is discounting a lot...

Reaction Score
Congrats to Maya on yet another award. Well deserved!

The vote was 38-2.

She wins $5,000 and a Tiffany trophy. Can Tiffany win the Tiffany trophy next year??

http://www.wnba.com/playoffs/2011/moore_roy_110916.html

Any idea who the other two votes went to? I know others, including Adams and Cambage, were in the mix earlier on but it seemed that, by end of the season, Maya was the clear choice.

Reaction Score
correct, but i was talking about ALL the additions and changes to the Lynx this year. to say they were great solely because of Maya, without adding Augustus' and Wiggins' health, not to mention Adair and TMF, is discounting a lot...

I agree, with the exception of Wiggins. Her performance has actually gone down from previous years. However, this is likely due to her new role of coming off the bench. Plus I believe Reeve has her playing a completely different role as a "shooter". In her two previous full seasons, she had 197 and 150 free throw attempts respectively. This year, she has a grand total of 24 attempts.

But I do think there are quite a few factors contributing to the Lynx's success this season. I think the addition of Maya is definitely a major one. She makes them so much harder to defend.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
It isn't just Wiggins playing the role of shooter; she is also playing the role of backup point guard. She is still working through creating for herself and creating for others.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Any idea who the other two votes went to? I know others, including Adams and Cambage, were in the mix earlier on but it seemed that, by end of the season, Maya was the clear choice.
Sorry--it was in the linked article. Adams got the other 2 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom