Maya, Lynx come back from down 21 at half, to win 97-93 in double OT | The Boneyard

Maya, Lynx come back from down 21 at half, to win 97-93 in double OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great win for the Lynx tonight. Maya basically took over the 4th quarter to push them into OT, scoring nine. She ended up with 23 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists, but my favorite stat from Maya tonight was 8-10 from the free throw line. Great to see her being so aggressive in taking fouls for her team. Tiff also had a solid game with 16 and 5. She keeps bringing it night in and out, even now that Angels been playing again.

AuXh7.jpg

Reaction Score
Maya has evolved into one of the WNBA's top players, in my opinion. Even on a mediocre shooting night, she fills a stat sheet, and her hustle and determination are unmatched. Just listen to the commentators gush about her abilities night after night. There's a reason hers is the #1 selling WNBA jersey.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Saw a lot of the 2nd half and the OTs..... The Mayan's will was indeed on full display. Props also to Mama Taj for several huge plays in 2OT to seal the win.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's just a matter of time before Maya is consistently in the conversation for the league MVP. on a team filled with such great players, i think it's harder for anyone to elevate themselves (just look at how many UCONN greats have had lesser personal stats for the benefit of the team). Maya is spectacular...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maya is all about winning. Usually, she does that in a team framework. But with the game on the line, she can also perform individual heroics. We saw that in the high school tourney in Seattle in December 2006 and several times since. She is my favorite player to watch. One of a kind.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's just a matter of time before Maya is consistently in the conversation for the league MVP. on a team filled with such great players, i think it's harder for anyone to elevate themselves (just look at how many UCONN greats have had lesser personal stats for the benefit of the team). Maya is spectacular...
Maya will not be the MVP, but she could be in the top 5 in voting. This year and every year through 2024. :)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Does anyone else but me find it hard to know which team to hope wins when you have Maya and Tiff in opposition? Strange feeling....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Does anyone else but me find it hard to know which team to hope wins when you have Maya and Tiff in opposition? Strange feeling....

Uconn playing UConn? I agree, it's tough....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom