Maya at Practice Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maya at Practice Today

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A penny, a dime, or a dollar for the thoughts of Azura et al on the side line in upper left photo.
A penny for the thoughts of potential recruits after watching this. Here's one of your opponents in this or next summers pick up game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The caliber of the practice players at UConn is higher than elsewhere. Today, we had the best player in the world. Last year, we had the best point guard in history.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The caliber of the practice players at UConn is higher than elsewhere. Today, we had the best player in the world. Last year, we had the best point guard in history.
Well, let's see, who else? Is Morgan Tuck still around? Where is Stewie rehabbing? Bria might be ready for some workouts soon.

The freshmen's heads might explode!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Nice to see Maya at practice! I'm sure the current team was impressed. A little off topic but as a former black high top Chuck Taylor player does it sound odd to anyone else when these women announcers call the current footwear tennis shoes? Maybe it's just me:)

Yes it must have been fun for the players who hadn't played with her yet.

Reaction Score
Well, let's see, who else? Is Morgan Tuck still around? Where is Stewie rehabbing? Bria might be ready for some workouts soon.

Might want to keep this kind of stuff on the DL. Some jealous SEC program might report UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it's wonderful that MM was at practice yesterday, obviously with Geno's blessing. Short of suiting her up for tonight's game, it's the best way she can support this team by sending a clear message to the current players, "You got this!"

Reaction Score
Breaking News!!!

Geno just got the NCAA to agree that each WCBB team can have one of their alumnae play one game for them.

Watch for a different UConn starting line-up tonight.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I just want to caption Stevens watching Maya. "Dang, that new transfer is good!"

I wonder if she chased down any of the starters on a breakaway and swatted their attempted layup into the end wall, a la what she did to Stewie when the Lynx met the Storm !

:p

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
In the upper right, is that Gabby guarding Lou?
No she's setting a screen, both Gabby and Lou are in the blue tee's if you look a bit closer, you'll see a white practice tee there looks like one of the male practice players. I wonder if Batouly and Azura played the roles of Wilson and Coates, this week?

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score

On the broadcast of the SMU game, Justine said that more than 30 former players would be in attendance for tonite's game. Nike probably sent Caroline Doty, she seems to appear at all the big Connecticut events.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
No she's setting a screen, both Gabby and Lou are in the blue tee's if you look a bit closer, you'll see a white practice tee there looks like one of the male practice players. I wonder if Batouly and Azura played the roles of Wilson and Coates, this week?
I can't imagine anyone in the USA who would be a better A'ja Wilson impersonator than Azura. If Gabby and/or Napheesa can defend Azura, they have nothing to fear from A'ja. (However, I don't know if that is the case.)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
On the broadcast of the SMU game, Justine said that more than 30 former players would be in attendance for tonite's game.

That will an awesome sight to see !! 30 is a big number.

Reaction Score
I wish geno would get a team together off all their great players from years past to play against the current team every year as a pick up game. I would love to see this team face, sue, renee (guards), DT and Maya (wings)and Tina (post).

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
That will an awesome sight to see !! 30 is a big number.
They had about that many at the FF last year, it was Connecticut-South at the Natty, one of these BY'ers should have the pic from last year. @HuskyNan seems to be the leading authority on all things Connecticut WCBB, so I'm sure she can post it here.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
They had about that many at the FF last year, it was Connecticut-South at the Natty, one of these BY'ers should have the pic from last year. @HuskyNan seems to be the leading authority on all things Connecticut WCBB, so I'm sure she can post it here.

I do remember that big group shot - a classic. But that was the FF, so I'm even more impressed that so many will be there tonight. Plus this one is truly 'home,' at Gampel, which makes it all the more special.

Really looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
On MM:

Does any BY'er know where to find that clip from a few years ago where the physics of Maya's shooting form were analyzed?

Reaction Score
OK. If you're a true blue UConn fan, close your eyes and picture Maya flying to the basket with the ball in the palm of her hand. Got it? In some ways it reminds me of the iconic silhouette of MJ also aloft and soaring to the hoop:

2009 NC game, 11:00 in the first half. The best windup she ever did, IMO.

Reaction Score
UConn-Nation-Represents-in-Indy.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom