Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
C4emeFjXAAAz2ZO.jpg

According to a Holly Rowe tweet

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not sure about the shorts / tights combination. Looks like granny pants. :rolleyes:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Do you think that the coaches met with Maya yesterday and gave her some tapes of Kaela Davis or Amber Gray, and asked her to view them so that she could impersonate one or both of those players at today's practice?

I don't think there would be any issue with the "legality" of that (per NCAA), since alumnae are allowed to practice with the team on an occasional basis, and Maya's presence is certainly occasional.

I can almost imagine CD giving her the assignment, and Maya embracing it.

Reaction Score
Do you think that the coaches met with Maya yesterday and gave her some tapes of Kaela Davis or Amber Gray, and asked her to view them so that she could impersonate one or both of those players at today's practice?

I don't think there would be any issue with the "legality" of that (per NCAA), since alumnae are allowed to practice with the team on an occasional basis, and Maya's presence is certainly occasional.

I can almost imagine CD giving her the assignment, and Maya embracing it.
Everything will be good as long as the team does not drive Maya to ESPN thru the Atlanta airport.
You just gave Davis and Gray a real ego boost---thinking Uconn needed Maya to emulate their game!!

Reaction Score
Maya has "only" two NCAA titles, but I will always consider her the most versatile, smoothest, and astonishing UConn player. One could go through all of her UConn game films and put together a two-hour reel where for every highlight, your reaction would be "How did she do that?!".

Reaction Score
Don't believe you are correct. It looks like Gabby is setting a screen. Look to Gabby's left rear and you will see the feet of a male practice player attempting to follow Lou.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So(!!!!!) cool that the IQ could join practice!!

If there wasn't already a little extra edge and intensity to practice in preparation for USC and #100, then there was once Maya stepped on the floor. IMO , Maya made a singular contribution to the culture of the program via her equally singular motor, drive and focus which formed a key pillar of UCONN's success not only during her time but after. Now the players get to experience the real McCoy.

To my knowledge this is the first winter season that Maya has taken off since she turned pro, and it might well be the last for awhile, so it may be that this is the one and only time that any these players will ever go 5 on 5 with the one and only MM, except those who eventually make it to the W (I expect at least 3).

Did I mention how cool this is!!!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes! Somebody send these pictures to Lexi and her mom.

Gus, I know what you're thinking. I'd be shocked if her sister went anywhere else. :)

Back when we played, it was Chuck Taylors, or Keds. BTW, Keds was not designed for competitive play. When I arrived at my University (in Oklahoma) in 1972, to play ball, I had a pair of Adidas that I bought in L.A. The other players had never seen a pair of Adidas before. Those shoes had not made it into that particular area of the country yet. Of course they did before I left 3 years later. As you said. In high school everybody wore Chuck Taylors. If you look at pictures of NBA players during that era, they too wore Chuck Taylors. If CT's were good enough for them, you know they were good enough for us. After all, they were our heros.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Gus, I know what you're thinking. I'd be shocked if her sister went anywhere else. :)

Back when we played, it was Chuck Taylors, or Keds. BTW, Keds was not designed for competitive play. When I arrived at my University (in Oklahoma) in 1972, to play ball, I had a pair of Adidas that I bought in L.A. The other players had never seen a pair of Adidas before. Those shoes had not made it into that particular area of the country yet. Of course they did before I left 3 years later. As you said. In high school everybody wore Chuck Taylors. If you look at pictures of NBA players during that era, they too wore Chuck Taylors. If CT's were good enough for them, you know they were good enough for us. After all, they were our heros.
Lexi and her mom having been recruiting other players for us. Lexi's mom has been twittering Christyn Williams--keeping her in the loop, I guess. So if we send these pictures to her, the mom, maybe she will distribute them around the country!

Yes, the sister should get a look.

Reaction Score
OK. If you're a true blue UConn fan, close your eyes and picture Maya flying to the basket with the ball in the palm of her hand. Got it? In some ways it reminds me of the iconic silhouette of MJ also aloft and soaring to the hoop:
upload_2017-2-12_20-44-5.png

Reaction Score
Nice to see Maya at practice! I'm sure the current team was impressed. A little off topic but as a former black high top Chuck Taylor player does it sound odd to anyone else when these women announcers call the current footwear tennis shoes? Maybe it's just me:)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
In the upper right, is that Gabby guarding Lou?
Huh? Come HH you're better than that- Maya and the practice team are wearing white team shirts while the Team is wearing blue.

Reaction Score
Maya has "only" two NCAA titles, but I will always consider her the most versatile, smoothest, and astonishing UConn player. One could go through all of her UConn game films and put together a two-hour reel where for every highlight, your reaction would be "How did she do that?!".
Agreed! I still wonder how many assists Maya made to Tina - many more than folks realize when Tina won NPOY.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Agreed! I still wonder how many assists Maya made to Tina - many more than folks realize when Tina won NPOY.
Maya was Tina's roommate that season. I think that was a big factor in Tina becoming more focused and winning the NPOY awards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom