Maya aims for 4 titles in 2012 | The Boneyard

Maya aims for 4 titles in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If anyone can do it, it's the Marvelous Miss Maya.

Maya's blog in ESPNW

LOL - Communication is really important to me -- at UConn it was huge. We worked at developing players who knew how to communicate on and off the court and I'm realizing how valuable that is! But I think I'm doing a good job of adjusting. I've learned a few words, like "screen," which is "bloqueo" in Spanish. If you're playing basketball, you need to learn that word quickly, or you'll learn it the hard way!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As a side note, do take a moment to check out the full video interview of Tamika Catchings on the same webpage, just above the lead in to Maya's blog/article.

In it, there is some good information regarding player salaries--both average and those at the high-end--for overseas players. Average for a season is around $40K-$60K, while a small group makes several hundred G's per season. A truly elite group banks a cool $1 million for their overseas playing duties. These players are said to include CP3, DT and LJ. It was not clear if these were definitely the only three making that much, but if anyone else is making $1 million it is probably no more than perhaps 1-2 others I would think. Also, I am wondering if the $$ data for LJ is from last year, because with her hip surgery she does not appear to be playing heavy minutes for Ros this year nor is she having her normal impact on the box score.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Sue was definitely in that range as well - and had the added benefit of playing as an Israeli? so didn't count as a foreign player. I think Diana may have been playing as an Italian? - not sure if those finagles are still allowed. Is Sue playing at all this year after her surgery? The Russians of course were enflating the whole European salary structure for a while - not so much now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom