May recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Reaction Score

I’m not sure how I feel about Macy.She’s clearly a very good player but I‘ve had my heart set on Brynn McGaughy for awhile and now I’m hearing all this talk about Somfai. I assume they are all three about even but McGaughy impressed me with her hardhat & lunchpail attitude and her declaration that UConn was her dream school. I don’t get the feeling that Macy is coming to UConn so I’d like to see her go to Vanderbilt or Louisville as I like those coaches and would like to see them get a big time player like Macy!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I’m not sure how I feel about Macy.She’s clearly a very good player but I‘ve had my heart set on Brynn McGaughy for awhile and now I’m hearing all this talk about Somfai. I assume they are all three about even but McGaughy impressed me with her hardhat & lunchpail attitude and her declaration that UConn was her dream school.

It's unclear if McGaughey even has an offer. She has a list of schools she is planning on visiting and UConn is not among them at the moment.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how I feel about Macy.She’s clearly a very good player but I‘ve had my heart set on Brynn McGaughy for awhile and now I’m hearing all this talk about Somfai. I assume they are all three about even but McGaughy impressed me with her hardhat & lunchpail attitude and her declaration that UConn was her dream school. I don’t get the feeling that Macy is coming to UConn so I’d like to see her go to Vanderbilt or Louisville as I like those coaches and would like to see them get a big time player like Macy!

It hasn’t been stated, but UConn could very well be Somfai’s “dream school” as well.

IMG_1086.jpeg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Great quotes from Gandy! Still 18 months before Jump Ball #1.
BTW: a recent rating had her at 97...that is high D1 stuff.

Would I be surprised if she did the jump ball thing come Game One in November 2025?
Yes...Jana will do the honors.

Would I be surprised if by her frosh year she developed one or two post moves within
3 feet of the basket? No.
Would I be surprised if she made close-in shots/got some rebounds/altered shots and
was a wonderful complement to Jana? No
Would I be surprised if she got PT backing up Jana and with certain match-ups [SC et al]
being on the court with Jana? No.
Would I be surprised if she shot 70% from the free throw line? Yes.

Uhh...would I be surprised if she occasionally made an Irish dish for her teammates? No.
And...they HAVE to eat it....whether they like it or not!

Get excited? Absolutely!

Reaction Score
It's unclear if McGaughey even has an offer. She has a list of schools she is planning on visiting and UConn is not among them at the moment.
It's possible that, like most of UConn's top recruits, her OV would be in Oct. for 1st Night and she's only listing the imminent ones right now. If this is accurate I don't know how many trips cross country GA makes for kids who don't have one. I don't know what IYKYK means or if this actually happened but this what I found:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's possible that, like most of UConn's top recruits, her OV would be in Oct. for 1st Night and she's only listing the imminent ones right now. If this is accurate I don't know how many trips cross country GA makes for kids who don't have one. I don't know what IYKYK means or if this actually happened but this what I found:

I remember that now. I find these tweets to be a bit cryptic and confusing. Is he saying Geno got a speeding ticket during a home visit, or that it's an "idea" in his mind because he's making up a hypothetical situation to paint a picture of Colfax, Washington?

He seems to be saying she has an offer from UConn but his tweet is in response to hers listing her final 12 schools, and I wonder if he's simply making an assumption that all on her list have offered.

If you look for articles on McGaughy's offers, pretty much every school on her final list is mentioned except for UConn.

Reaction Score
I remember that now. I find these tweets to be a bit cryptic and confusing. Is he saying Geno got a speeding ticket during a home visit, or that it's an "idea" in his mind because he's making up a hypothetical situation to paint a picture of Colfax, Washington?

He seems to be saying she has an offer from UConn but his tweet is in response to hers listing her final 12 schools, and I wonder if he's simply making an assumption that all on her list have offered.

If you look for articles on McGaughy's offers, pretty much every school on her final list is mentioned except for UConn.
UCONN is in her final list. Her IG post has it.

Reaction Score

I’d assume her official visit is 1st night. Wasn’t that also Cheli and Ziebell’s?

Reaction Score

Good questions, I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Signing day is only 6 months away.

Reaction Score
I’m aware. I was wondering where she said it. Interview? Time limited social media post?
4th paragraph from the bottom:

Reaction Score
I like Macy and McGaughy but Somfai appears to have the biggest upside potential.........she can do it all.........I'd be supremely happy if UConn got two out of the three!
What's our chance on Macy? I haven't seen anything from her since she announced her top 10.

Reaction Score
What's our chance on Macy? I haven't seen anything from her since she announced her top 10.
I'm no expert and I haven't followed Macy that closely, but I think she has had a serious interest in UConn.........that said, she may be concerned that UConn has interests in other forwards so who knows.........it looks like she may want to stay in the South and if not Ohio State and ND are possibilities too....

Reaction Score
the odds of UConn getting all three are tiny, the odds of getting two out of three are not great but the odds of getting one out of the three are pretty good.......but as I always say I'm happy to be more often wrong than right.....
Somfai is practically a lock. McGaughy, if it still stands she wants to go to the W, is also looking good. I'd say we get 2/3, Macy might go elsewhere but we can hope, lol.

Reaction Score
Somfai is practically a lock. McGaughy, if it still stands she wants to go to the W, is also looking good. I'd say we get 2/3, Macy might go elsewhere but we can hope, lol.
there is no such thing as lock today...........things can change in a heartbeat..........a better NIL deal, a coach retires or moves, a player decides to stay closer to home..........as far as I'm concerned, a player isn't a lock until they show up for the first day of classes....;)

Reaction Score
Key word practically lol. Just saying Somfai's Top 5 have all been decimated by coaching changes besides Duke and UConn and she follows everyone on the UCONN team, plus that jersey photo of hers.
I believe there is a good chance she will pick UConn but nothing is a certainty until recruits are on campus......

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The announcement for Macy says 4 PM ET. I think her town may be in the Central Time Zone (Kentucky is split), so I won't be surprised if it's 5 PM ET.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom