May non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

May non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Big Tourney weekend coming up and ND coaches will be all over, from Asbury Park, NJ and Louisville to Dallas, Birmingham and Charlotte. Two team they're following for sure:
  • Team Takevover in new Jersey (Jadyn Donovan)
  • Philly Rise in Texas (Hannah Hidalgo, Zoe Brooks)
and
if Kia Nuse EYBL is in Louisville with Cassandre Prosper (one of the best prospect's names in years), I'm sure Niele and Coach Owens will be there, too for ND.
She'll definitely be in Louisville, but not with Kia Nurse EYBL. Look out for BecomeOne's 2023 squad.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She'll definitely be in Louisville, but not with Kia Nurse EYBL. Look out for BecomeOne's 2023 squad.
Thanks. When did she switch squads or did Kia Nurse morph into BecomeOne?

Reaction Score
Thanks. When did she switch squads or did Kia Nurse morph into BecomeOne?
She switched this season. Initially I found it surprising, but looking at their roster there are several players from Canada's U16 squad that are part of it. Could be a situation she wanted to play her final AAU season with them.

I can't see BecomeOne and Kia Nurse merging into one program. For one, it hurts the landscape for AAU basketball here in Canada. We need more teams that can attract elite players as they develop. Second, is how well BecomeOne can recruit players of this level consistently in comparison to Kia Nurse. A lot of people are trying to get their share of the pie with how the sport is picking up for girls in Canada. It's good and bad at the same time.

Reaction Score

Stanford signed a 5’11 guard from Greece to their incoming freshman class

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting ... will UCLA chances with Cunningham go down as a result of this signing?
They both play for the Cal Stars, don't they? On the other hand, they both hang in the lane. Hmm...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I seem to recall UCLA had a LONG dry spell with recruiting. Not anymore, they've been killing it the last year or so.

Maybe they will win a Pac-12 title one of these years

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon St. signed a guard from Germany that nobody seems to know much about--Martha Pietsch.

Reaction Score
Oregon St. signed a guard from Germany that nobody seems to know much about--Martha Pietsch.
As a fan, I get weirdly excited about the foreign players. They are like wrapped presents arriving on campus. You often have no idea what kind of impact they will have. I mean, the same could be said for any freshman, but we think we have an inkling about what's coming. With the foreign players... no clue.

Reaction Score

Good article on Zoe Brooks.

Per the article there are 10 schools that have been consistent with staying in contact.

“I have 10 schools that I hear from on a consistent basis. They are Boston College, Georgetown, Miami, Mississippi State North Carolina State, Penn State, Seton Hall, USC, Syracuse and West Virginia. Rutgers would be considered. It’s a good school.”

Reaction Score
Oregon State has a large deficit when it comes to players with PLUS "handles". If I was a point guard w/decent handles, and looking to get to a quality D1 program, Oregon State would be on my radar. OSU still doesn't have a "point guard" in their line-up unless one of the two new freshman guard recruits demonstrates some Magic Johnson type skills when they show up this summer. TvO remains a possibility, but unless TvO makes a quantum leap over the summer in her quickness and handles, OSU remains in a deficit at PG position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom