May and no commits | The Boneyard

May and no commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The people complaining that we have no 2014 recruits yet should go Fuchs themselves.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The people complaining that we have no 2014 recruits yet should go Fuchs themselves.

While we're at it, should we celebrate that jackass who pimps his 8-year old "quarterback prodigy" on here? Our 2014 recruiting is putrid and you can't skew that into a poitive light.

(And that is by no way a swipe at Jordan Fuchs. I think he'll be a successful 2-sport letterman by the time he graduates UCONN.)

Reaction Score
Our 2014 recruiting is putrid and you can't skew that into a poitive light.

Do some research on other recruiting sites and you will find that UCONN having no new recruits this time of year is quite common, par for the course would be one recruit.

Numbers wise this will be a small recruiting class and about 4 slots are already taken by players already committed to the team. I'm not trying to spin our 2014 recruiting into a positive, but the people trying to spin it into a negative already are just P haters who can go Fuchs themselves.

Reaction Score
Do some research on other recruiting sites and you will find that UCONN having no new recruits this time of year is quite common, par for the course would be one recruit.

Numbers wise this will be a small recruiting class and about 4 slots are already taken by players already committed to the team. Like I said go Fuchs yourself.

Agreed with most of your stuff bro, but I still see us with about 20 new commits minimum come the '14 signing day.. thanks to good ole attrition

Reaction Score
Agreed with most of your stuff bro, but I still see us with about 20 new commits minimum come the '14 signing day.. thanks to good ole attrition

We need some attrition just to get to the scholarship limit, and when you subtract out greyshirts and Juco's who I assume are still coming you get maybe 15 new recruits for 2014 and that's the aggressive number a conservative number would be 12.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Recruiting is one thing the P fluffers are hanging their hat on. Below par is unacceptable from him.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is one thing the P fluffers are hanging their hat on. Below par is unacceptable from him.

Well we have Fuchs and the DB from PA and the WR from NJ, so suck them apples, hater, P is 2 under par. He's 4 under par if we still have the JUCO LB and OL committed. The superfan you are you should know these recruits are out there even if the recruiting sites don't mention them.

Reaction Score
With signing day being tomorrow, I am freaked out that we have no official commits as to players who may see the field in 2015, probably more like 2016. How can we be one day before signing day and have no commits? Heads should roll.

pj

Reaction Score
With a small class the coaches can afford to aim high. I have a feeling they don't push for commitments until they've gotten players into camp or onto campus a few times. Let's see where we stand in July.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well we have Fuchs and the DB from PA and the WR from NJ, so suck them apples, hater,

The real program haters are the ones that are satisfied with the HC's performance.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you really want to wind yourselves up, consider if PP knows he is done this year, barring a miracle, and isn't putting in the effort.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The real program haters are the ones that are satisfied with the HC's performance.

You do realize that it is possible to be unsatisfied but intelligent enough to realize that spewing this garbage now is useless, and potentially harmful to the program. I can only assume that you just have nothing better to do with your life then spread your misery. Don't forget to remind us tomorrow that you are still unhappy, we can't wait to read it again.

It's ironic you are complaining about recruiting and simultaneously posting things that could hurt recruiting. Nice work!

Reaction Score
You do realize that it is possible to be unsatisfied but intelligent enough to realize that spewing this garbage now is useless, and potentially harmful to the program. I can only assume that you just have nothing better to do with your life then spread your misery. Don't forget to remind us tomorrow that you are still unhappy, we can't wait to read it again.

It's ironic you are complaining about recruiting and simultaneously posting things that could hurt recruiting. Nice work!

That is your (misguided) opinion. I personally don't think any of these posts have any significant impact on anything. But I am sick of tired of posting my opinions on here and being scolded by clowns like you who think they know what is good and not good for the program.

Reaction Score
That is your (misguided) opinion. I personally don't think any of these posts have any significant impact on anything. But I am sick of tired of posting my opinions on here and being scolded by clowns like you who think they know what is good and not good for the program.

I was responding to a post that accused me of being a hater because I said something positive about P (think for a moment how stupid that is) but thanks for your opinion, i'm well aware that you are not a fan of my posts going back to last year.

and the person I'm responding to thinks this board has influence, he is insinuating on another thread that GDL is no longer the OC in part because of this board, and you know what, I think that is true.

and its nice to know that you think your opinions are above any rebuttal, i guess you think you deserve final say.

Reaction Score

Some recruits, players, and their families definitely read the boards. I can't tell you their emotional response to you constantly insulting their future/current head coach, but they do read it.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I find it funny, many comments, becuase up until 2010, we would be getting into October,November of a recruiting year, and have maybe 6-8 players verbally committed to signing an NLI in the following February........for that cycles entire recruiting class.

In 2011, we had 14 players committed verbally to signing and NLI prior to our opening kickoff of the season, and in 2012, we had 12 committed prior to our first game......

So - at least we're getting recruiting angst in May now, and not in December 8 weeks prior to NLI day.

Reaction Score

Who are the P Fluffers? I really don't see strong support anywhere for this guy. 2013 is kinda his last rodeo ... he might surprise.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Who are the P Fluffers? I really don't see strong support anywhere for this guy. 2013 is kinda his last rodeo ... he might surprise.

I hope you are right, that would be great.

Reaction Score
With a small class the coaches can afford to aim high. I have a feeling they don't push for commitments until they've gotten players into camp or onto campus a few times. Let's see where we stand in July.

PP just said - what he said ^^^ hmmmm... ;)

UConn Football: Pasqualoni Not Worried About Lack Of Recruits - http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...tball-0515-20130514,0,2381090.story?track=rss

"No," Pasqualoni said when asked if he was concerned. "Obviously the high-level guy you're absolutely sure of, you always welcome. But this year we don't have a large group of seniors. I think our senior count is 11. So our philosophy has always been, the ideal condition, is to have them in your camp over the summer. We're working very, very hard on the actual recruitment process of having them come into our camp and the response to that has been very good."

"Last year 13 of the 25 players we signed were in our camp, so that's where our focus is right now," Pasqualoni said. "The staff is out this week [during an NCAA evaluation period]. This is the last week of being out on the road. ... I think we're where we want to be in the overall evaluation process. I think we know who the top guys are in our key areas. I think we have a good handle on not only the top guys, [but] those players who are in the Division I prospect category. Between now and the end of June we'll try hard to get these guys on campus and work with them and be sure of what we're doing, and try to get some commitments."

Reaction Score
I totally agree here. Been saying it for weeks as some still seem to neglect the facts and continue to piss and moan. Small class. Equals less reaches early on, which also equals less schollys handed out early. Plus all of the JUCO and Prep kids need to be factored in to the equation.

Reaction Score
The great, great majority of BCS teams have more than two recruits at this point, most have 3, 4 and more.

SEC
14 teams, all have at least three recruits (most a lot more)

Big 12
10 teams, KU has 1, all others have multiple recruits

Big Ten
12 teams, Indiana is the only team with no recruits, Purdue has one, all other teams have multiple recruits

Pac 12
12 teams, Colorado (coaching change) has 0 recruits, UCLA 1 recruit, Oregon State 1 recruit

ACC
14 teams, Wake 1 recruit, all others multiple recruits.

Pasqualoni has no choice to say publicly that he isn't concerned. However, if he isn't privately concerned he's more clueless than even Zoocougar thinks he is.

As far as the AAC,

Rutgers has 9 recruits for 2014
Louisville has 13 recruits for 2014
Cincy has 3 recruits for 2014
USF has 4 recruits for 2014

2014 recruiting has been dismal so far, if you can call nonexistent dismal. Is it a trainwreck? Not yet, but there really is no way to sugar coat this.

Reaction Score
The great, great majority of BCS teams have more than two recruits at this point, most have 3, 4 and more.

SEC
14 teams, all have at least three recruits (most a lot more)

Big 12
10 teams, KU has 1, all others have multiple recruits

Big Ten
12 teams, Indiana is the only team with no recruits, Purdue has one, all other teams have multiple recruits

Pac 12
12 teams, Colorado (coaching change) has 0 recruits, UCLA 1 recruit, Oregon State 1 recruit

ACC
14 teams, Wake 1 recruit, all others multiple recruits.

Pasqualoni has no choice to say publicly that he isn't concerned. However, if he isn't privately concerned he's more clueless than even Zoocougar thinks he is.

As far as the AAC,

Rutgers has 9 recruits for 2014
Louisville has 13 recruits for 2014
Cincy has 3 recruits for 2014
USF has 4 recruits for 2014

2014 recruiting has been dismal so far, if you can call nonexistent dismal. Is it a trainwreck? Not yet, but there really is no way to sugar coat this.

AGAIN, many of those teams that have many recruits have large senior classes or are powerhouse teams that consistently send multiple kids to the NFL early. What do you want PP to do egregiously over recruit and then just start dismissing kids and sending them packing before they fulfill their 4 years. I understand that happens to a player here and there. But our schollys are extremely limited next year. Get used to the lack of commitments this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom