May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

May 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Tell me if I am wrong or if I state this wrong; but Dawn has an edge on every other top ranked head coach except for the new coach at ND. She can show these young ladies how to be a successful black woman in our current world. She has now succeeded at every level of her chosen profession. Quite an accomplishment that I think is only rivaled by Swin Cash and a few others, none of whom are head coaches at major basketball powers except Niele and Niele has just started.

Edit: I forgot about the new coach at Hail State, Nikki McCray-Penson but she hasn't accomplished all that Dawn has.
The role that race, religion and gender play in women's basketball recruiting is an interesting topic, worthy of pursuit. Of course, getting players to admit that those cultural and biological differences are significant factors might prove difficult. A journalist such as Sally Jenkins might be up to the task.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The role that race, religion and gender play in women's basketball recruiting is an interesting topic, worthy of pursuit. Of course, getting players to admit that those cultural and biological differences are significant factors might prove difficult. A journalist such as Sally Jenkins might be up to the task.
Ultimately, these issues all factor into a recruit’s level of comfort with a particular school. They also impact how comfortable a player is once they show up on campus.

For someone like Aaliyah Boston, the recruiting battle between SC & UConn may have simply come down to her feeling more comfortable at SC.

Reaction Score
I think in Boston's case a much younger African American female coach who happens to be the Olympic/National team coach played a big part. Climate is also closer to her home.

Reaction Score
I think in Boston's case a much younger African American female coach who happens to be the Olympic/National team coach played a big part. Climate is also closer to her home.
I think you assume too much. You actually have no idea what drove Boston to SC. Maybe she preferred the school colors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom