Matt Cross is dominating the circuit. Where are we? (He committed to Miami on 9/4) | The Boneyard

Matt Cross is dominating the circuit. Where are we? (He committed to Miami on 9/4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
7th in points and 6th in rebounds on the eybl right now. Going on an official to Indiana this weekend. It’s inexcusable that we haven’t offered. We can not keep losing hometown talent like this.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
7th in points and 6th in rebounds on the eybl right now. Going on an official to Indiana this weekend. It’s inexcusable that we haven’t offered. We can not keep losing hometown talent like this.

Is this volume scoring? Or efficient?

Reaction Score
He was one of Hurley’s first offers. His prep coach is now at Massachusetts. I don’t think our class will be big enough to include him.

Reaction Score
I’ve been on this guy for months. Love this kid and think he’d be an incredible addition to this program. He’s tough, high IQ, good defender, decent stroke.

Reaction Score

Cool post. Thank goodness we have you scouting for us.

Reaction Score
Indiana fans have been on him lately. If he picks up steam and ends up going there without giving us a whiff I won’t be a sad puppy... but I will admit right now I will be one of those “there goes another CT prospect.”

I’ll hold out. Next year is a Uuuuuuge class.

Reaction Score
The coaches know if he has interest or not. If he doesn't, they are better off recruiting someone who is truly considering them. They can waste time on someone or not. I say no.

Reaction Score
Indiana fans have been on him lately. If he picks up steam and ends up going there without giving us a whiff I won’t be a sad puppy... but I will admit right now I will be one of those “there goes another CT prospect.”

OK, I admit it. I thought John Pinone was going to be a lousy player in college. Dee Rowe once said of him..."he can't jump over the Sunday paper". Oh well, another Ct kid who got away.

Reaction Score
Obviously would be nice but I'm not remotely worried about Hurley being able to bring in talent. He's already off to a great start this first year

Reaction Score

Not a big class in terms of numbers, we're all over Andre Jackson and Abdur-Rahim, class is probably like a two player class, three at the most.

Reaction Score
Now that we have a coaching staff that works hard and promotes confidence, i am far less worried than I was a few years ago when it comes to recruiting. Unless something shady is going on, if we don't land a player now it's either because we didn't want them or the prospect didn't want to come here. I have confidence Hurley and his staff works hard and have a solid plan. Does that mean things always work out the way we want...of course not, but it won't be because the staff was lazy or neglectful. This is a professional staff that will evaluate and put the time in. They won't be perfect. Nobody is, but it's a relief we have a dedicated coach obsessed with getting us back on top steering the ship now.

Reaction Score
Instead of losing home state talent like UVA national championship hero Kyle Guy, IU really should have recruited the Indiana-native, Indiana Gatorade Player, and McD’s All American. Of course, the Hoosiers did yet ... just maybe Cross is no Guy.

Reaction Score
As of now, we will have two open scholarships for the class of 2020. I think it's possibly we'll have three - Gilbert might leave after he graduates, or somebody could transfer. We know that we're recruiting Jackson and Abdur-Rahim on the wing, as well as Cliff Omoruyi at center. If we get two of those three, a guy like Cross might be okay as bench depth. But I'd rather see us aim high and bring in players who will clearly elevate the talent level of the program instead of "high IQ" potential role players. As always, while our staff isn't flawless, I have to assume they know how to recruit better than the average Boneyarder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom