Matt Brown: UConn Expected To Reach TV Deal With SNY | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Matt Brown: UConn Expected To Reach TV Deal With SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Of the 12 highest watched games in 2019, 6 of them had at least one "non-south" team (counting OK as non-south).

Midwest and Southeast. Exactly as I said.

Reaction Score
Football is enjoyed everywhere. It would be nice to see more CT kids join the ranks but you get who you can and it's nice seeing young adults from California and Texas willing to join students from the Northeast to make UConn football "Great Again". :)

Reaction Score
LOL. Not offended, but don't respond to me with arguments I didn't make.

Culturally, demographically, and just about every measure, OK is far more akin to MS or AL than NY, CT, MA, NJ...
OK is not South or New England, its a plain state. One example: African Americans are 10% in OK, 9% in IN, and 38% in MS. OK is in the top ten farming states with no southern states in the top 10 (but all are plains and Midwest except CA). I could go on and on, but let's agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
This is the only way to determine what is South or not.
Still doesn’t really help explain Oklahoma, other than Oklahoma is “kinda” South
A9F45482-2AD1-410A-B3CA-CEBA04FBD4FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the only way to determine what is South or not.

That map is so true, with this exception: western PA south of Pittsburgh into surrounding WV and SW OH should include "Y'ins" -- as in You Ins contracted, originally You Ones from Irish-Scottish amalgamation with English.

Reaction Score
That map is so true, with this exception: western PA south of Pittsburgh into surrounding WV and SW OH should include "Y'ins" -- as in You Ins contracted, originally You Ones from Irish-Scottish amalgamation with English.
You're right. That's why Pittsburghers call themselves "yinzers".

Reaction Score

I know about “yinz”; however the map was developed using the most common response to the question “what word(s) do you use to address a group of two or more people?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom