Matrim55 calls it: Final assistant Kenya Hunter to UConn!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Matrim55 calls it: Final assistant Kenya Hunter to UConn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would be very happy with this hire. Hunter can coach bigs, has a well rounded coaching pedigree, is lead recruiter at Nebraska with DMV connections...fits the bill of everything we need.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
So I am an equally big Nebrasketball fan as I am a UConn fan-

this is an absolute home run hire for UConn. Kenya Hunter is the only reason Nebraska basketball has landed some of the kids we landed the past few years. He's the ace recruiter on staff. Responsible for getting both Isaac Copeland and James Palmer Jr two years ago among many other high school kids like Xavier Johnson (PG from VA that has blown up- keep an eye on this if Hunter leaves since UConn still needs a PG) and grad transfers to UNL.

This would be an absolute killer for Tim Miles at Nebraska. But let it be.

Phenomenal hire from Hurley and I can't wait to see the ridiculous amount of talent this group lands here. If Kenya can get top 100 kids and 5* transfers to Nebraska then he will easily get them to UConn.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So I am an equally big Nebrasketball fan as I am a UConn fan-

this is an absolute home run hire for UConn. Kenya Hunter is the only reason Nebraska basketball has landed some of the kids we landed the past few years. He's the ace recruiter on staff. Responsible for getting both Isaac Copeland and James Palmer Jr two years ago among many other high school kids like Xavier Johnson (PG from VA that has blown up- keep an eye on this if Hunter leaves since UConn still needs a PG) and grad transfers to UNL.

This would be an absolute killer for Tim Miles at Nebraska. But let it be.

Phenomenal hire from Hurley and I can't wait to see the ridiculous amount of talent this group lands here. If Kenya can get top 100 kids and 5* transfers to Nebraska then he will easily get them to UConn.

Sounds good

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
its doubtful Copeland and/or Palmer grad transfer. Copeland is 23 so if he comes back it would probably be to Nebraska but one can dream.

Like I said earlier- the one to keep an eye on is Xavier Johnson from VA. 2018 PG from VA- kid absolutely blew up his senior year after signing to Nebraska.

Another name to watch- Thomas Allen. Kenya beat out KU for him. From Raleigh played at Brewster Academy. Was a true FR last year and played well off the bench but rumblings he's upset with how Miles handled him. Plus Huskers have a log jam at PG with Glynn Watson, Allen, Johnson, and Palmer controlling the ball as much as he does.

One other note about Kenya- you might go look at the bigs from Nebraska since he's been with the Huskers and be disappointed in what you've seen but that is much more on the lack of recruiting attention on big men from Miles than it is on Kenya Hunter's development of bigs

Reaction Score
Kenya Hunter

They love this guy over here... would be a great hire.
8479831A-6D4C-480F-87A0-1231BECA68A9.jpeg

Reaction Score
Roy Hibbert played at the Civic Center as a true frosh. Anyone who participated in coaching him between then and when he left Georgetown can coach bigs. I think many place too much emphasis on assistant coaches generally, and try to overanalyze them from success or failure primarily attributable to a head coach, but this would be a good get.

Reaction Score

Just from #s, I assume we would take Copeland in a heartbeat and given our frontcourt issues/questons it's hard to see how he doesn't make us materially better next year. Less convinced that Palmer pushes us forward much, but if he just shares time with Wilson and provides depth at Guard, he's a good bridge to using our schollies with a year to recruit and not just rushing to fill them with available 4 year players now. On the other hand, maybe he's better than Vitale or Wilson, or maybe Gilbert can't really come back effectively.

Final decisions require knowing what available late options are, but as one year add ons this could be promising.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So is anyone else hoping that (a) this is true and (b) as the last staff slot closes, we can actually see some movement on filling our three roster spots? We've had dozens of speculation threads, and yet no concrete information suggesting that we are about to land and: uncommitted freshman, reclassifying freshman, committed freshman who decommits, regular transfer or grad transfer.

When is the next recruiting window opening/closing?

Reaction Score
So is anyone else hoping that (a) this is true and (b) as the last staff slot closes, we can actually see some movement on filling our three roster spots? We've had dozens of speculation threads, and yet no concrete information suggesting that we are about to land and: uncommitted freshman, reclassifying freshman, committed freshman who decommits, regular transfer or grad transfer.

You can get on the roster for '18 all the way up until the first day of classes so we might be waiting a while if any kids (i.e. Lecque) are reclassifying.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

This is the process. Let it play out. I've taken off my cup. I hope it's not a mistake.

We have an exciting group of coaches. Let's see if they live up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom