Massey Ratings - 1/26/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Massey Ratings - 1/26/18

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Last year UCONN did not have a 6'6 Big to go against MSU'S Big!

Azure is good at what she does. But she isn’t a tower of strength or elevation. Defending a good big isn’t her strength. Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad we have her and on the other end of the floor she has the quickness edge. She does tend to have some shots blocked in close which at 6’6” surprises me.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Azure is good at what she does. But she isn’t a tower of strength or elevation. Defending a good big isn’t her strength. Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad we have her and on the other end of the floor she has the quickness edge. She does tend to have some shots blocked in close which at 6’6” surprises me.
Azura is also somewhat foul-prone, and (sans Natalie) she has no real backup on the roster. Certainly good teams like Baylor and Mississippi State will try to exploit that, and they may be successful.

@Tonyc, Texas also had quick guards, and that didn't do them much good against Baylor. But UConn's quick guards are more reliable 3-point shooters than Texas's.

Reaction Score
Maryland only played one game against a ranked team after the first reveal, and they lost. Baylor already has a decisive win over a top 10 team. The situations are not comparable
Ok, ok. ... I only know that many on this board commented many times how upset MD was with their seeding based on their record and their Conf. Championship.

Reaction Score
Turn the game into a track meet and you eliminate Cox from consideration. On a neutral court UCONN would beat both Baylor and Miss St handily!

I like your thinking. Now if we can get both of those two teams to comply with our wish.

Reaction Score
Neither . UConns guards will shut down both Baylor and Miss St guards and that will be the difference. One other point Stevens is to quick for either club to defend one on one. She will get opponents in foul trouble. This UConn team is way to quick at the guard positions and that is the difference.

I hope such is the case. Let's give a copy of your post to Geno and Azura.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom