Mass Exodus at Uconn Huh? | The Boneyard

Mass Exodus at Uconn Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Count Niels Giffey as another who won't be abandoning ship. In fact, other than the possibility of Lamb and Drummond going pro, Giffey thinks "everybody's going to stay."
That includes little-used countryman Enosch Wolf, who seemed to be in Jim Calhoun's doghouse for much of the season but who, Giffey believes, has plenty of potential, as long as he's in shape.
”Even though some people were frustrated by the season … I think everybody’s settled down now, and gotten less emotional and more rational," Giffey said.

Reaction Score
”Even though some people were frustrated by the season … I think everybody’s settled down now, and gotten less emotional and more rational," Giffey said.

I'd be surprised if he meant it as such, but could that line be interpreted as a shot at AO?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
good news but ill exhale when the season starts

caw

Reaction Score
Speaking of NBA draft, can someone correct me if I am wrong, but:
  1. Currently the NCAA has a withdrawal date of April 10th
  2. The last date to file for early entry is April 29th (per NBA)
  3. NBA last day for withdrawal is June 18th
So basically if a player declares the 11th-29th he is gone for good, correct? And if a player declares before the 10th but does not withdraw by the 10th he is gone for good also?
I didn't realize how bad the system is for evaluation. There really is no more testing the waters.

According to CNNSI.com there are 16 early entrants already listed. That's 25% of the draft already and a lot of kids haven't decided yet.

Reaction Score
Speaking of NBA draft, can someone correct me if I am wrong, but:
  3. NBA last day for withdrawal is June 18th
So basically if a player declares the 11th-29th he is gone for good, correct? And if a player declares before the 10th but does not withdraw by the 10th he is gone for good also?

I didn't realize how bad the system is for evaluation. There really is no more testing the waters.

I'm pretty sure you are correct on this. Great system huh? These kids are making the most important decisions of their lives, but let's give them as little information as possible.

caw

Reaction Score
Napier has some great quotes in that article. I highly recommend reading it, if you have not done so.

For all his on the court ups and downs, that kid cares.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Napier has some great quotes in that article. I highly recommend reading it, if you have not done so.

For all his on the court ups and downs, that kid cares.

As several others have mentioned previously and I agree with them, no one was hurt more by JC's absence than Napier. Look at his numbers, body language and comments with JC and without JC. The two of them definitely seem to have the Boston bond.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
  3. NBA last day for withdrawal is June 18th.
Does a player testing the water (no agent hired) apply to point 1 or point 3?

caw

Reaction Score
Does a player testing the water (no agent hired) apply to point 1 or point 3?

I think the agent rules are the same, hire one and you are gone regardless of wanting to withdrawal.

U

UCONNfan1

if Drummond and Lamb go, i'm not sure our team would be a NCAA team anyway. i get Calhoun is supposed to be quite good, and we know Boat and Bazz have a world of talent to lead the team. but a potential front court of Bradley, Olander, Wolff and Smith isn't going to intimidate anyone. i think it will be a it of a rebuilding year anyway. still, having those "sanctions" out there for other coaches to use against us won't help in recruiting no matter how we spin it.

Reaction Score
love niels giffey. i hope he continues to improve and becomes a good player. the kid has been here two years started as a frosh got put on the bench then was a forgotten man but didnt pout and wine just played hard whenever he got the chance. love the kid and he`ll be a great leader for this team as a senior.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
if Drummond and Lamb go, i'm not sure our team would be a NCAA team anyway. i get Calhoun is supposed to be quite good, and we know Boat and Bazz have a world of talent to lead the team. but a potential front court of Bradley, Olander, Wolff and Smith isn't going to intimidate anyone. i think it will be a it of a rebuilding year anyway. still, having those "sanctions" out there for other coaches to use against us won't help in recruiting no matter how we spin it.

I'd say Calhoun is a little more than "supposed to be quite good."

Reaction Score

You just never know though. On paper Notre Dame was supposed to stink last year, and that was before Abromiatis got hurt. South Florida was supposed to be bad. Pitt and UCONN were supposed to finish at the top of the league.

U

UCONNfan1

You just never know though. On paper Notre Dame was supposed to stink last year, and that was before Abromiatis got hurt. South Florida was supposed to be bad. Pitt and UCONN were supposed to finish at the top of the league.
very good point. that's why you play the games! i don't think anyone predicted we would win the NC last year!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
you don't believe there will be a mass exodus? you don't think people have sources that know this stuff?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
speaking of omar, i follow the recruit scene a good amount but i didn't realize he had offers from the schools he did. i know the locals and lville had offered among others not on our level, but its impressive that he had az and unc offers and still stayed with us. thats a nyc boy right there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom