Maryland's OOC Schedule Gets A Look See | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland's OOC Schedule Gets A Look See

Reaction Score
To those that are upset with me for my tone on Brenda Frese the person & HC, IMHO, she is all that's wrong with college athletics! I hope her son stays in remission and has a full recovery! No child should go through that mess at any age!
I've told these many times but it bears repeating.....
1. BF signs on at MN as HC, (the juniors Lindsay Whalen & Janelle McCarvelle etal era). At the press conference she says, "I 'd like to thank the MN administration for giving me my DREAM JOB! I am looking forward to much success at MN!"
BF after the first season bolts MN for the HC at MD job and at the press conference says, "This is truly my dream job and I know we're going to have much success over the next several years!"
2. The year MD won the NCAA title, 2006 in Boston, Jeff Walz was her Associate HC, and was the one voice the players heard from in critical times! After that season his stock was high and he left for the L'ville HC job.
3. There have been heavy rumors of BF and her recruiting tactics being rather shady! Geno in the past has made sly comments, not naming BF but the message got across he wasn't happy with her!
4. A couple of years ago when UCONN went through some early season injuries to critical players and continued to win, and beat MD/BF by about 25 to 30 points and afterwards at the presser BF said if he loses one more HSAA he will have to learn how to coach!
5. As long as BF is naive enough Geno will keep MD on his schedule just so he can kick the crap out of her/MD!

Did you put that last one in just to tickle the be-jabbers outa me???
I do recall Geno comment on MD recruiting.

Reaction Score
Buddy lay off whatever you're on... I'll say it over and over again, UConn OOC schedule has to be tough cause their in-conference schedule sucks PERIOD. Dont know what you talking about RSHER for. My comment was about everyone laughing about Maryland's... like UConn play the cream of the crop, they do but only because they have to
Daddy---are you implying Geno wouldn't schedule the OOC schedule if he was still in the BE or the ACC (obviously the teams within those leagues gives him some OOC) ? Are you saying he would not schedule Ucla, Ohio, Md, Oregon if he was ACc??

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The O had real physical issues, if I recall correctly the result of an accident, so her movement was the least of the team. But the kid was one heck of a shooting machine.

She was also a heck of a passer/play maker from the high post. I would think any fans of Gabby Williams would also appreciate that aspect of Osahor's game. And despite her limited mobility and lack of height she was a fairly stout low post defender.

Reaction Score
She was also a heck of a passer/play maker from the high post. I would think any fans of Gabby Williams would also appreciate that aspect of Osahor's game. And despite her limited mobility and lack of height she was a fairly stout low post defender.
All you say was true of Kallie McClaren the hero of the LSU win.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Daddy---are you implying Geno wouldn't schedule the OOC schedule if he was still in the BE or the ACC (obviously the teams within those leagues gives him some OOC) ? Are you saying he would not schedule Ucla, Ohio, Md, Oregon if he was ACc??
who knows... I know Colgate, Hartford, Marist, St. Bonnie and a host of others aren't on the OOC schedule these days

Reaction Score
who knows... I know Colgate, Hartford, Marist, St. Bonnie and a host of others aren't on the OOC schedule these days

...or how about that infamous Thanksgiving "WBCA Classic" Tournament at Gampel, 3 years in the running, spanning from 2009-10 to 2011-12 seasons. With such powerhouse schools as; Clemson, Richmond, Hofstra, USF, LeHigh, Howard, FDU, Buffalo and Dayton. I personally despised this "tournament" simply due to lack of "real quality teams".

Reaction Score
Oh how I miss the glory days of Uconn Women's POWER basketball--nothing but cupcakes these days.
As another poster said---FAKE Equalivency--that was then this is now.
The question in reply to your posting was: Do you believe Geno would be sidestepping the top teams for OOC if his team was in the ACC? Obviously Geno never was an unthinking coach --so when his talent isn't capable of a tough OOC --he played those teams you mentioned. That to me does not mean that then was a great choice, but the only choice with the lessor talent on that team. Would you put up a Charde led team against ND, USC, Baylor, Duke, UCLA, etc teams of today???

Reaction Score
...or how about that infamous Thanksgiving "WBCA Classic" Tournament at Gampel, 3 years in the running, spanning from 2009-10 to 2011-12 seasons. With such powerhouse schools as; Clemson, Richmond, Hofstra, USF, LeHigh, Howard, FDU, Buffalo and Dayton. I personally despised this "tournament" simply due to lack of "real quality teams".
I don't know if HOWARD was a power house--but tougher young women, you'll never meet.
Geno got what he could get--apparently few teams want to go against Maya Moore.

Reaction Score
Brenda didn't know she was going to lose Slocum and several other talented players to transfer prior to scheduling UConn. That game was scheduled several years ago when she thought she had the best freshman class (now sophomore) in the nation.
Uc

You are right of course and I didn't consider she scheduled Uconn without knowing their roster--and she didn't know Slocum would transfer (who did?). I enjoyed the MD games these past few year--often they were among the few that got the blood moving as the results were in doubt. I can knock any coach Geno plays--but it no longer gives me a good feeling.

Reaction Score
Maryland went 5-1 in the WUG. Unfortunately they lost in the quarterfinals to Australia because of fluke seeding. Australia and Japan also went 5-1 and were the gold and silver winning teams. Australia lost to Russia in pool play which forced the early matchup. USA got rebounded 52-30.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom