Maryland - what? | The Boneyard

Maryland - what?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’ve never seen anything like this post. What’s the purpose here?

133B2250-5251-4C36-928C-ABC27FB67D83.jpeg

Reaction Score
I like that Freese schedules hard every year. She always get her teams better and I think this year will be no different. Come March they will be a different team And dangerous imo. Until then, look for them to put a scare into the B1G’s top three teams, even winning a few of those matchups.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Massey and Warren Nolan have Maryland’s SOS at #5 so I guess they’re using Real Time RPI. If SOS is a meaningful stat, when do we have to start worrying about Long Beach State?

07A382BA-7793-481C-AE57-42C6436D1AD5.jpeg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think they’re just looking for positives to post about on social media despite having a tough start to the year. Not seeing any harm in this.
Oh, I don’t care if they want to post it, it’s the Communications Dept’s job, after all. I just thought it was an odd choice. Not that UConn is perfect but just as an example. a student reporter walked around campus with Aubrey Griffin asking random students who their favorite women’s team player is. Aubrey was cracking up when everyone chose Paige and no one recognized her. It was great content.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’ve never seen anything like this post. What’s the purpose here?
I'd guess it's to distract the audience from the fact that Maryland has not looked good at all this year. When you can't boast about your play, boast about your schedule.

I do commend Frese for improving her scheduling in recent years. She used to take a lot of deserved criticism for Mulkey-like creampuff OOC. Frese leveled it up and wow did they take some beatings in November and December.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Massey and Warren Nolan have Maryland’s SOS at #5 so I guess they’re using Real Time RPI. If SOS is a meaningful stat, when do we have to start worrying about Long Beach State?

View attachment 94537
Besides the fact that the RPI is an obsolete tool in college basketball, this site has the additional defect of incomplete data.

Note that the team records shown here do not reflect all games played. UConn should be listed at 8-3 (vs. D-1 teams), UCLA at 11-0, Stanford at 11-1, USC at 10-0 (missing 4 games!), etc.

I have no issue with Maryland's social media team playing up their schedule, but the geek in me does have a problem with their choice of source.

Reaction Score

View attachment 94537
What’s up with the 2-2 record for LBSU on that list? Have they only played 4 D1 schools? If so, how on earth do they have the #3 ranked SOS? Weird….

Plebe

Reaction Score
this site has the additional defect of incomplete data. Note that the team records shown here do not reflect all games played. UConn should be listed at 8-3 (vs. D-1 teams), UCLA at 11-0, Stanford at 11-1, USC at 10-0 (missing 4 games!), etc.

What’s up with the 2-2 record for LBSU on that list? Have they only played 4 D1 schools? If so, how on earth do they have the #3 ranked SOS? Weird….
As noted above, that site suffers from incomplete data.

Long Beach State is 4-6 vs. D-1 teams.

Reaction Score
I think they’re just looking for positives to post about on social media despite having a tough start to the year. Not seeing any harm in this.

The marketing and social media teams for so many schools do sometimes post some weird junk.

There must be some company that comes up with weird obscure stats so they can post "Player X is the only player in the NCAA under 6-foot tall that averages X and X while also getting at least X in a game!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom