Maryland suspends 2 starters, discus..... | The Boneyard

Maryland suspends 2 starters, discus.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I cant link it now, but per Heather Dinnich (sp?), Maryland has suspended starting senior receivers Quintin McCree and Ronnie Tyler indefinitely for a violation of team rules.

Reaction Score
Edsall will be a cult hero at MD. His no nonsense approach and ability to build character was a footnote with the national media while here (but for his handling of Jazz's death). Now, on a more public stage, he will (if he continues to build a winner) be held up as a model coach for the modern era. One who embraces the new athlete but demands adherence to principles. In fact, the ramrod straight Edsall, coupled with the wild side of UnderArmour, is a puzzling yet perfect marriage. There's something eerily ironic about the most wild and eclectic looking uniforms without player names on the back. And as more coaches fall from grace-- like Jim Tressel and Butch Davis ---and others become red faced intemperate embarrassments--like Brian Kelly--Edsall will stand out. He may just be the Paterno of this generation.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm with BL on this. It's Gameday. Who cares what Edsall does? Especially when he's 100% in the right.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
My daughter threw the discus in High School. Still holds the school record!
I threw discus in high school and college... I hold no records. :p

Reaction Score
Edsall will be a cult hero at MD. His no nonsense approach and ability to build character was a footnote with the national media while here (but for his handling of Jazz's death). Now, on a more public stage, he will (if he continues to build a winner) be held up as a model coach for the modern era. One who embraces the new athlete but demands adherence to principles. In fact, the ramrod straight Edsall, coupled with the wild side of UnderArmour, is a puzzling yet perfect marriage. There's something eerily ironic about the most wild and eclectic looking uniforms without player names on the back. And as more coaches fall from grace-- like Jim Tressel and Butch Davis ---and others become red faced intemperate embarrassments--like Brian Kelly--Edsall will stand out. He may just be the Paterno of this generation.

I just threw up in my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul