Maryland post game thread | The Boneyard

Maryland post game thread

Reaction Score
Someone explain to me Mora's hires and how he thought they would work out...

Mora returns Spanos as DC, only to fire him just before the season starts with no plans for a replacement. Then, he hires himself as DC

Finally he brings in someone to experiment with a 3-3-5 defense, which UConn fans still have PTSD from.

The team hires an unimaginative play-caller from an FCS School not known for its offense.

Charlton is pushed out so an unproven run first OL coach can be promoted as a first-time OC, at a time when the program desperately needs fresh energy.

To make matters worse, the special teams coach, who has been nothing short of a disaster in recent years, is repeatedly brought back.

Are these decisions driven by budget constraints? If so, it’s no wonder the Big 12 is extremely hesitant about UConn’s prospects.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
sad turbo GIF by Discovery Europe

Reaction Score
What does that mean?

Maryland has much better players than UConn.

At end of day it is a wide talent differential that causes these ridiculous performances.
It was originally a reply to the post about Mora's hires in its own thread. It got merged.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Skyler Bell is defeintely the best receiver we've had in years. However, QB play, once again was not good. Evers is a good athlete and appears to be a decent runner but was like 6/18 for 75yds. Joey F made a few nice throws but also had some horrible throws like the INT. will be intersting to see what happens

Reaction Score
It is hard to find positives from the game. Defense couldn't stop them, offense was not in sync, special teams were bad, dropped passes, mental mistakes, questionable coaching decisions,... That said, I didn't like opening against a P4 school when UConn had so many new faces as I thought the offense would struggle first game, but I was surprised by how little resistance UConn's defense provided during the first 2 Maryland drives. The Merrimack game will give UConn a game to recover from this week.

Reaction Score
Same garbage. Different year.

Bad tackling
Back to a failed D scheme
Dropped balls
Lateral play calling

Slight bright spot - Joey F
inaccurate passing
no pass rush
missed FG
blocker taking out your own kick returner
multiple late hits on defenseless players