Maryland Post-Game Interviews | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland Post-Game Interviews

Reaction Score
To my amateur eyes, I think she is very active on defense and rebounding and I cant imagine much more improvement on that end other than perhaps more conditioning and familiarity with her teammates. I think her mentality on offense is where she needs to be more dominant and it will come.

I think AZ is good right now but can be much better. She still doesn't shoot the 3ball well. She doesn't low post a lot and thus putting opposing bigs in foul trouble. Just 2 assists today. I'm excited to think how good she can become and right now she is already good. I'd love to see her with her back to the basket score in the lane - cause double teams etc- hit players for cutting layup 2's consistently or 3's.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think AZ is good right now but can be much better. She still doesn't shoot the 3ball well. She doesn't low post a lot and thus putting opposing bigs in foul trouble. Just 2 assists today. I'm excited to think how good she can become and right now she is already good. I'd love to see her with her back to the basket score in the lane - cause double teams etc- hit players for cutting layup 2's consistently or 3's.
Right on, right on.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Brenda is a master of spin. It was really more of a 35-point win. I wouldn't make much out of the 72 points scored, since almost half of them came when we had subs in. On the other hand, they did force some of the TOs. I give Brenda credit for scheduling us, because some coaches won't. I also am a little sympathetic over losing Slocum. They had a really good PG with a bright future, but now they are trying to fill in. I like Kaila Charles's game. She was a dominant player in the D.C. area and has a nice combination of quickness, aggressiveness, size, and skill. I look for Megan to make a sophomore leap like that of Kaila. Their games are fairly similar.

Reaction Score
No doubt she saw this as a "learning opportunity/moment" for her team. She knew there was a butt whuppin waiting for her and her team at the XL Arena today. Nobody looks forward to playing UConn, especially on the road. This was one game I'm sure Brenda is glad to have behind her. :cool:
Some coaches I just don't care for. Brenda I actively dislike. But I will give her credit for scheduling SC & UConn this year. I guess she got the message after a couple straight years of getting seeded down in the NCAA tourney for her cupcake scheduling. But the way she spins it just grates on me - I wish we could have beaten them by 100.

Reaction Score
“To be able to compete for the three quarters — we went from competing for 12 minutes against South Carolina to 30 tonight,” What game was Brenda watching?

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 9.07.54 AM.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“I think you’ve just got to have that amnesia,” Stevens said. “Like Lou, she’ll miss but you can never tell that it bothers her, and she’s the greatest shooter that I’ve played with. So I try to imitate that and just attack and be aggressive. Not settling for 3s. If 3s aren’t falling, trying to get to the basket in other ways.”

Uh, Z, even if the 3s are falling, you better be trying to get to the basket in other ways! Right now she's too quick to pop outside.

Reaction Score
Some coaches I just don't care for. Brenda I actively dislike. But I will give her credit for scheduling SC & UConn this year. I guess she got the message after a couple straight years of getting seeded down in the NCAA tourney for her cupcake scheduling. But the way she spins it just grates on me - I wish we could have beaten them by 100.
I don't dispute how you feel about her: I get that entirely. But I think of what she's gone through in life and I give her a lot of credit and cut her slack.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am reminded of Tina Charles with some of the comments about Stevens. What both she and Geno seem to be talking about is lighting that fire to be great every possession of every game. Tina finally found it in the second half of her junior year. Hopefully Stevens finds it this year as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am reminded of Tina Charles with some of the comments about Stevens. What both she and Geno seem to be talking about is lighting that fire to be great every possession of every game. Tina finally found it in the second half of her junior year. Hopefully Stevens finds it this year as well.
Geno isn’t going to let Z cheat her talent.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I've been thinking "too nice" for a while now. Get a pint from Tina or Stef. Almost all bigs tend to be too nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom