Maryland OT transfer RJ Dill | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Maryland OT transfer RJ Dill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i have to disagree here. we're basically bringing back our entire defense minus Reyes and Martin and having an extra year under their belt in Brown's system should result in an overall improved defense. we're losing some good guys on the line, but we've always been able to produce a good oline and i don't think that will change. we lose Kash on O, but it's not like our offense has relied on any of its receivers since Easley left, and even with him only for about half a season. i think the loss we'll feel most is Teggart.

we're bringing most of the team back so i think as long as we have a logical progression from one more year of experience we should be able to muster 7 or 8 wins barring any surprises in the quality of our competition. plus don't forget we have a few decent transfers that will be eligible next season after having sat out this past year.

No talent? We return six defensive starters, six, who have been someone's all-league in one of the last two years. Trevardo Williams, Jesse Joseph, Sio Moore, Jory Johnson, Blidi Wreh-Wilson and Dwayne Gratz. You really think that many teams have a majority of a unit have some all league accolades from prior seasons?

Reaction Score
The concept that we might have difficulty winning games next year is not that far off, I do think we return a lot of talented players and have some decent depth being built up on the roster through recruiting and transfers. Quite a bit.

There are only two words I have to why we might have difficulty winning games next year. Q B

No tippy toeing around it. We need somebody that can play consistently and move the team under pressure, to step up and take hold of that position.

Reaction Score
I don't know the situation at RU, but in the end it may have been a better fit. We have a pretty young line and maybe there is a better chance to play there. Their line did nothing against us.

We gave up more sacks this year, but not sure how much of that was the QB.

I was not surprised.

Having said that, we do need to fit in some young OL recruits here.

Reaction Score
We gave up more sacks this year, but not sure how much of that was the QB.

it seemed as though McEntee practically took a knee anytime anyone got through the OLine. it's better than an errant throw, but hopefully whoever we have next year will throw some of those away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom