Maryland-ND | The Boneyard

Maryland-ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has posted it. Maryland down 38-7. They still have them purdy jerseys though

Reaction Score
How would people feel about ND playing UConn at the Yale bowl and the endzones painted in ND colors?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no thanks^. but i guess MD is ok with it. 2 funny 2 watch. md stinks. the uniforms down to the shoe laces are brutal.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just a reminder, ND lost to South Florida.

Reaction Score
MD got destroyed. I watch this on Versus (NBC). This sports network is going to make a splash in college athletics and compete well against ESPN imo.. It already is. Once it signs up the BE, it'll be even better (BE basketball tourney at MSG on NBC Versus).

By the way: "Randy Edsall's nightmare season continues...."

Reaction Score
How would people feel about ND playing UConn at the Yale bowl and the endzones painted in ND colors?

Tonight's game was a Notre Dame home game! How would I feel about playing a "road game" against ND at the Yale Bowl? I'd take it any day of the week!

Reaction Score
Edsall beat ND at ND with UConn players.

Edsall got drilled by ND in UMD's bckyard.

Hmm?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Maryland was resoundingly booed when they took the field - a field that is 12 miles away and in their home state. Truth be told, we don't even know if the booing was by ND fans or by Maryland fans.

Reaction Score
I hope Edsall is fired.

Maryland would be idiots to fire Edsall after one year. And if they didn't do their research on the type of program Randy runs, shame on them too. Fridge wasn't exactly a stickler for rules, and as we know, Randy is. Not surprisingly, some players don't like the discipline. The administration should have expected it, and if they did, they will give him a fair shot (3 years) to right the ship. Its not like he is Greg Robinson, he has a track record as a solid head coach.

Reaction Score
The administration should have expected it, and if they did, they will give him a fair shot (3 years) to right the ship.

Right what ship? The one that went 9-4 and returned almost everyone?

Reaction Score
Maryland would be idiots to fire Edsall after one year. And if they didn't do their research on the type of program Randy runs, shame on them too. Fridge wasn't exactly a stickler for rules, and as we know, Randy is. Not surprisingly, some players don't like the discipline. The administration should have expected it, and if they did, they will give him a fair shot (3 years) to right the ship. Its not like he is Greg Robinson, he has a track record as a solid head coach.

More Kragthorpean than Robinson.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Whoever made those uniforms and helmets sure as hell had a sense of humor.

Reaction Score
I fail to see the reason why the Maryland team had to have this type of season. Randy is rolling the dice. 2 or 3 wins next season and he will be gone. Given enough time he will do just fine with the Terps, but in the college football business time is a luxury. That team that played ND last night did not give a ...and the were playing ND!

Why Randy was so to get out of UCONN and to that program is absolutely beyond me and I have to believe he has some regrets now.

Reaction Score
Without doubt, RE will have this team highly competitive year after next. Look what makes anyone think that he is going to have any different type of program than what he had at Uconn? It's just not logical to think otherwise. The program will be competitive in time, and in a few years they will be in an ACC championship game. He has 5 years left after this year at $2 Mill per year. He's not going anywhere. He will recruit his type of player, and will be competitive. Will he get the 5 star renegades like Miami and FSU? No. Those kids go to only a few select programs. But Randy will get good, solid, talented, committed kids that will buy in and they will be competitive. I don't like the way he left CT. Poor form. But I do like the rest of him.

Reaction Score
Best part of this game? UConn got some nice publicity, was discussed several times during the broadcast - even Flutie had to comment about Edsall's power game style of football he implemented here.

For the casual fan trying to continually learn about the game Mike Mayock is hands down the best teacher. Explained the ins and outs of the bubble screen, the perceived advantages of the pistol. Guy's knowledge is impressive. Great announcer. (Only thing I don't like about him? He went to BCU. What is the love for BCU players at NBC anyway?)

Reaction Score
I fail to see the reason why the Maryland team had to have this type of season. Randy is rolling the dice. 2 or 3 wins next season and he will be gone. Given enough time he will do just fine with the Terps, but in the college football business time is a luxury. That team that played ND last night did not give a ...and the were playing ND!

Why Randy was so to get out of UCONN and to that program is absolutely beyond me and I have to believe he has some regrets now.

Randy cleaned house when he got to Maryland. Randy dismissed some players, some left on their own and they had some key injuries. This Maryland team will get better, the problem that Randy has is that Maryland's fanbase wants a high powered offense and that aint going to happen any time soon.

Reaction Score

How was Fridge a rule breaker? How was it expected to be a rebuilding year(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom