Maryland ND tonite link ESPN 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland ND tonite link ESPN 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
B Turner out for rest of the game with a shoulder injury. ???

Reaction Score
ND doesn't have to play much defense, just stand around and wait for Maryland to pass the ball to them. Maryland spends about 10 seconds dribbling around the perimeter followed by a bad pass. One play that Maryland did get the ball to an open post beside the basket, instead of taking the layup she bounced the ball giving the defense time to close. ND does look very good and doesn't really need all that help.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Because they won't have to play ND more than once.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is not the #2 team, and Maryland is not #15.

Notre Dame has no bench, plus Turner is hurt.

Maryland's defense has been bad for 13 years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think ND has some good reserves, including Westbeld. I think they are clearly top 3. We'll have a better sense late Saturday.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Notre Dame leads the nation in just about every offensive category and in point differential by a mile. I'd hate to see what they'd do with a bench.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Duke down 5, 30 seconds to play. La perked up and only lost by 14.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think ND has some good reserves, including Westbeld. I think they are clearly top 3. We'll have a better sense late Saturday.

Westbeld might be starting, she is solid now, and will develop into a good player. Cable, Johnson, Huffman, and Wright, are nothing to get excited about. I doubt ND comes within 10 on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is not the #2 team, and Maryland is not #15.

Notre Dame has no bench, plus Turner is hurt.

Maryland's defense has been bad for 13 years.
Maryland played pretty good defense when they knocked Louisville out of the tournament last March. Who was the girl who was related to the famous athlete that the announcers kept talking about and who had the great shooting game? I wish I would've saved the game on dvr. I'm going to several Maryland games this year cause I'm kind of close to the campus. I went to one game a few weeks ago and they won easily. I think they just had a hard time playing an away game.

Reaction Score
Maryland played pretty good when the knocked Louisville out of the tournament last March. Who was the girl who was related to the famous athlete that the announcers kept talking about and who had the great shooting game? I wish I would've saved the game on dvr. I'm going to several Maryland games this year cause I'm kind of close to the campus. I went to one game a few weeks ago and they won easily. I think they just had a hard time playing an away game.

I think they had a hard time playing without Alyssa Thomas.

Reaction Score
Maryland's defense forced Notre Dame to shoot lay-ups, and uncontested 3s. They would have lost by 30 if McGraw didn't have sympathy for them, and emptied the bench.

Reaction Score
Maryland played pretty good defense when they knocked Louisville out of the tournament last March. Who was the girl who was related to the famous athlete that the announcers kept talking about and who had the great shooting game? I wish I would've saved the game on dvr. I'm going to several Maryland games this year cause I'm kind of close to the campus. I went to one game a few weeks ago and they won easily. I think they just had a hard time playing an away game.
Lexie Brown is daughter of former NBA player and current Pistons assistant coach Dee Brown.

Freshman Aja Ellison is the daughter of former NBA player Pervis Ellison. She did not play last night.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think they had a hard time playing without Alyssa Thomas.

Yep. In big games last year they went to Thomas almost every possession (or so it seemed). Also worth mentioning that they also graduated their 3rd and 4th most-played (in terms of minutes per game) players from last year, Katie Rutan and Alicia DeVaughn. Very different Maryland team this year.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame's bench scored 2 points today (vs UConn)...... technically Wright started, however Westbeld played more minutes, so I count Westbeld's 5 points as from a starter

Again, Notre Dame is not the #2 team in the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger