Maryland Lost! (Merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland Lost! (Merged thread)

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Maryland missed a ton of bunnies .. to be honest had no business losing but credit to Texas they played hard all game .. Shaefer is a very good coach
Vic Shaefer is a top notch coach and builds teams that can have success in the tournament. He learned a lot from the blowout game against UCONN, and seems to have come up with successful tactics for dealing with high scoring, fast paced teams. Slow them down, don't give them any transition baskets and make it a half-court game and make them play 30 seconds of defense on every possession. It gives your team every chance to win.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Following on a couple of posts above, I think MD fell victim to pressure, both from Texas on the court and from the bright lights of tournament play.

On an unrelated note, it strikes me that there have been way too many instances of a player lying on the court writhing in pain. Wish something could be done.

And finally, on a fun note, I thought Ebo touching hands with her imaginary teammates after making a free throw near the end was a nice touch. Never seen that before.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Impressive.
Interesting that the two 2 seed teams everyone felt were disrespected by the committee and have everyone marvelling at their potency in their first and second round games struggle mightily with 6 seeds in the S16 - one needs overtime and the other wishes they could have gotten to an overtime. Goes to show MOV in the first two rounds means nada in terms of later performances - nice for the individual stat sheets but don't give you any points in later rounds.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fantastic win by TX but usually, these type of games take their toll in the next game. so I see SC winning easy. Much like TAMU. And with a little luck, we can finish our business with Baylor making the home town fans "Remember the Alamo"

Reaction Score

Hmmmmmm

Lil Uzi Vert Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Should this thread be in general?
Significant thread over there. Post #384 is Brenda's post-game presser - check it out. Brenda says she hopes seniors Bibby and Benzan come back for their extra year.

Also, Angel Reese was NOT one of the athletes they interviewed - heh heh. After Brenda was done the moderator said Diamond Miller would be out shortly. But Chloe Bibby came out instead and the mod introduced her as Diamond Miller. Chloe had to explain that she was Chloe Bibby and not Diamond Miller. So the mod says, "I apologize - I did not know that." What??? (They REALLY don't look alike)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Following on a couple of posts above, I think MD fell victim to pressure, both from Texas on the court and from the bright lights of tournament play.

On an unrelated note, it strikes me that there have been way too many instances of a player lying on the court writhing in pain. Wish something could be done.

And finally, on a fun note, I thought Ebo touching hands with her imaginary teammates after making a free throw near the end was a nice touch. Never seen that before.
It does seems like a movement by some coaches/players to stop the plays or fast breaks by this Hollywood style "you hit me" take. Who knows when it's real? The refs are in a tough spot on these kind of actions.

This and the counter foul by an offensive player during a breakaway steal needs to be addressed. This foul takes away a very high change of a two pointer trading that for two foul shoots might not be enough IMO. Perhaps also getting the ball out of bounds after the foul shots might deter this. I think the pros have addressed this problem.

Reaction Score

It does seems like a movement by some coaches/players to stop the plays or fast breaks by this Hollywood style "you hit me" take. Who knows when it's real? The refs are in a tough spot on these kind of actions.

This and the counter foul by an offensive player during a breakaway steal needs to be addressed. This foul takes away a very high change of a two pointer trading that for two foul shoots might not be enough IMO. Perhaps also getting the ball out of bounds after the foul shots might deter this. I think the pros have addressed this problem.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As UConn fans sadly learned in 2017, Vic Schaefer is as good as any coach in the country when asked to draw up and execute a defensive game plan that can shut down a high scoring offense. His Bulldogs ended the Huskies season in 2017 and last night his Longhorns did the same to the Terps.

Reaction Score
Vic Shaefer already with more NCAA tourney wins in his 1st year than Shaka has in 6

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom