Maryland cab Minnesota | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maryland cab Minnesota

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
While Minnesota lost to USD (#184 in RPI) and UNC (#105), not much difference is there.
Minnesota: #37 in Massey, #33 in Sagarin, #34 in RPI.
Cleveland St: #104 in Massey, #137 in Sagarin, #118 in RPI.

Not even close.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Minnesota: #37 in Massey, #33 in Sagarin, #34 in RPI.
Cleveland St: #104 in Massey, #137 in Sagarin, #118 in RPI.

Not even close.
We weren't comparing Minnesota and Cleveland St, it was Minnesota and Green Bay, which in the RPI it's Green Bay #12, but you are right it's not even close;

Green Bay: #12 RPI - USD: #184.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BIG 10 has been overrated from Day 1. As I previously posted a while back, ranking NCAA teams shouldn't begin until at least a full 1/3 of the season is completed. Pre-season rankings can really help a team (conference), or, really hurt a team (conference).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought they were trying to say something about Maryland Crabs.

Ive never eaten Crabs in Maryland.... but a few years ago my cousins from Maryland visited us and brought down crab meat.... an made us crabcakes. Fabulous. That reminds me..... I need to go get some Old Bay seasoning...... it goes well with scrambled eggs and french fries.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Ive never eaten Crabs in Maryland.... but a few years ago my cousins from Maryland visited us and brought down crab meat.... an made us crabcakes. Fabulous. That reminds me..... I need to go get some Old Bay seasoning. it goes well with scrambled eggs and french fries.

I often visit the Oceanarium in Bar Harbor, ME, where the owner, a wizzened old lobsterman, gives a presentation about lobsters. He often asks, "How many people have a had a New Jersey lobster?" and of course, nobody has. But just as many lobsters are trapped in NJ as in Maine. There's just some allure about a lobster from Maine, though, so most supermarkets or restaurants say their lobsters are from Maine (evidently there's no law or trademark).

In restaurants in many parts of the East, crabs are marketed as being from Maryland or the Chesapeake Bay even though they're not. I suspect you got the real thing, since it was brought down from Maryland.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ive never eaten Crabs in Maryland.... but a few years ago my cousins from Maryland visited us and brought down crab meat.... an made us crabcakes. Fabulous. That reminds me..... I need to go get some Old Bay seasoning. it goes well with scrambled eggs and french fries.
Funny, Baltimore is exactly where I got mine. Sure did itch when my hair grew back in.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
We weren't comparing Minnesota and Cleveland St, it was Minnesota and Green Bay, which in the RPI it's Green Bay #12, but you are right it's not even close;
This makes no sense. Why would the comparison have been between Minnesota and Green Bay? No one was claiming that Minnesota was better than Green Bay.

You said: "And Michigan and Ohio State haven't [lost their way out]? I betcha they will still be ranked while Green Bay will most likely fall out because of their loss to Cleveland State. Ohio State got smoked by USF, while UCF played USF into overtime today."

The comparison that would make sense is that between Minnesota (which beat Michigan this week) and Cleveland State (which beat Green Bay). But since you agree that a loss to Cleveland State is much worse than a loss to Minnesota, we can put this to bed finally.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Food is better than the rest of this thread which is giving me a headache. They lost me.

I actually like Crab Cakes, which is significant because I don't care for shellfish particularly - except Clam Chowder. And I've had stuffed clams. That is 100% it on shellfish (or anything from the sea except plain fish like flounder, Mahi and the like). Very good Crab Cakes - best I've ever had and some others agree - at a chain called Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. Mostly in Texas, but there is a branch in Atlanta I see. There is one in Phoenix.

Reaction Score
Food is better than the rest of this thread which is giving me a headache. They lost me.

I actually like Crab Cakes, which is significant because I don't care for shellfish particularly - except Clam Chowder. And I've had stuffed clams. That is 100% it on shellfish (or anything from the sea except plain fish like flounder, Mahi and the like). Very good Crab Cakes - best I've ever had and some others agree - at a chain called Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. Mostly in Texas, but there is a branch in Atlanta I see. There is one in Phoenix.
First time at Pappadeaux was many years ago in Houston. After our server successfully trained us how to eat crayfish, she awarded our whole table with "I Sucked Head at Pappadeaux" buttons.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Big Ten is deep this year with teams in the 15-35 range. No juggernauts like in recent years with Maryland. Assuming they all get in, I could see teams like Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue and Minnesota pulling 2nd round upsets in the right matchups. Even a team like Michigan State could do damage if they find a way to get in. On the flip side, I could easily see 0 teams in the Sweet 16 for the B1G.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
First time at Pappadeaux was many years ago in Houston. After our server successfully trained us how to eat crayfish, she awarded our whole table with "I Sucked Head at Pappadeaux" buttons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom