Marvin Washington: “I had to get my priorities lined up” | The Boneyard

Marvin Washington: “I had to get my priorities lined up”

Reaction Score
This didn't really need its own thread. It's already posted in the 2019 spring practice thread. HERE

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score

Think he’s the guy that gives us the best chance to win. If he’s matured it would be nice to have a guy that doesn’t feel like a temporary guy at QB for once

Based on what? Spring practice v. Krajewski or the 2 seconds they each played last year?
Beaudry is not even here yet and probably is the starter.

Reaction Score
Beaudry is supposed to be very good. Washington and Karajewski are said to be skilled. I’d guess Edsall does Beaudry. He loves the safe pick. Beaudry slings it and has gotten accolades from lots of D-1 types. He’s considered the best QB in all of D2 by many.

I’d love to see Washington or Krajewski surprise us all, but I think Edsall goes with the older, more experienced guy. Seems like standard RE protocol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Think he’s the guy that gives us the best chance to win. If he’s matured it would be nice to have a guy

Beaudry is supposed to be very good. Washington and Karajewski are said to be skilled. I’d guess Edsall does Beaudry. He loves the safe pick. Beaudry slings it and has gotten accolades from lots of D-1 types. He’s considered the best QB in all of D2 by many.

I’d love to see Washington or Krajewski surprise us all, but I think Edsall goes with the older, more experienced guy. Seems like standard RE protocol.

More experienced guy? He’s only played one season in the last four years. I think Washington and Krajewski have more games and PT in their senior year of high school than Beaudry has in his entire D2 career. Also, it’s not MW or Steven Krajewski’s fault they got two seconds of PT. Edsall had opportunities to put either QB in numerous blowout games. Im not sold on this guy coming in here and taking over. I’m betting the starter is going to be Washington or Krajewski.

Reaction Score
More experienced guy? He’s only played one season in the last four years. I think Washington and Krajewski have more games and PT in their senior year of high school than Beaudry has in his entire D2 career. Also, it’s not MW or Steven Krajewski’s fault they got two seconds of PT. Edsall had opportunities to put either QB in numerous blowout games. Im not sold on this guy coming in here and taking over. I’m betting the starter is going to be Washington or Krajewski.

As often as we wer blown out last and the new redshirt rules, the fact that Edsall didn't find more playing time for both Wash and K is questionable. Either or both would have benefitted and it wouldn't have affected the 1-11 at all.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
All three will compete for the starting job. The best one will get it eventually.

Two years ago, Pindell was definitely going to be the starter... until about midway in the first game, and Shireffs demonstrated he was still the guy. Edsall is going to play the one that gives him the best chance to win, no matter what...

Reaction Score
All three will compete for the starting job. The best one will get it eventually.

Two years ago, Pindell was definitely going to be the starter... until about midway in the first game, and Shireffs demonstrated he was still the guy. Edsall is going to play the one that gives him the best chance to win, no matter what...
Exactly. No one knows who the starter is yet - Randy included. May the best man win, as it should be.

Reaction Score
Exactly. No one knows who the starter is yet - Randy included. May the best man win, as it should be.

So HCRE2.0 had only 2 choices in QB to start the 2017 season and he picked the wrong guy. Seems like with 3 choices his chance of picking the right guy is no more than 1 in 3. Probably less than that since as a "former college level QB bench warmer" he values "managing the game" over actual QB skills.
Q

Reaction Score
So HCRE2.0 had only 2 choices in QB to start the 2017 season and he picked the wrong guy. Seems like with 3 choices his chance of picking the right guy is no more than 1 in 3. Probably less than that since as a "former college level QB bench warmer" he values "managing the game" over actual QB skills.
Q
Let’s just hope he picks the right guy this year. If we are down 21 at the half, against Wagner, I don’t think Edsall will make a change. I believe if Lashlee wasn’t there Pindell would’ve stayed in the whole game.

Reaction Score
Washington looked like a turnover machine in his limited play last season. Hopefully he makes the leap. Based on Beaudry's injury history and limited playing experience, not sure where the high expectations are coming from.

Reaction Score
Washington looked like a turnover machine in his limited play last season. Hopefully he makes the leap. Based on Beaudry's injury history and limited playing experience, not sure where the high expectations are coming from.
You’re not wrong about Washington, but there’s definitely a different mentality knowing you’re the starter vs. coming into a game in garbage time. He’ll have the benefit of working with the 1’s a lot more in the offseason, so hopefully that means less turnovers if he ends up being the starter.

Reaction Score
Let’s just hope he picks the right guy this year. If we are down 21 at the half, against Wagner, I don’t think Edsall will make a change. I believe if Lashlee wasn’t there Pindell would’ve stayed in the whole game.
I think it was exactly the opposite. Lash let loved Pinsell but Edsall made the change.

Reaction Score
I bet part of the reason lashlee left is because he wanted pindell to be the guy and he was pissed when Randy yanked him for shirreffs

Reaction Score
I bet part of the reason lashlee left is because he wanted pindell to be the guy and he was pissed when Randy yanked him for shirreffs

This is possible but RE did not want to start out RE2.0 with a loss to a FCS team. I agree with RE2.0. Rhett is most likely trying to find his way to a Head Coach position and I wish him luck. He chose to move on, it is what it is.

Reaction Score
If Marvin has adjusted his habits I'd like to see him get some preferred reps and a real shot to lead the team. He's our most experienced guy in the current system, and unless Beaudry has an incredible aptitude to pick up this offense we're probably better off letting MW start his learning curve.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

he left because he could see the roster sucked and staying was career suicide.

what do you think the turnover has been about for the last two years

Reaction Score
he left because he could see the roster sucked and staying was career suicide.

what do you think the turnover has been about for the last two years
Well that too. But getting overruled game one couldn't have helped

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I know that the best guy should win and play. I agree with this 100%. I just hope it's MW or Steven Krajewski. Both were exciting QB recruits. So far they have been out played by a transfer in Pindell (Steven Krajewski was a frosh so excused). Now they might get out played by a D2 transfer? That's sad on multiple levels. Either RE can't recruit or our development staff is terrible.

I'm pulling for one of our current guys. It's not a good look when you're constantly bringing in transfers or JUCOs to play instead. Granted, it's the recruited players fault if that has to happen.

Reaction Score
You’re not wrong about Washington, but there’s definitely a different mentality knowing you’re the starter vs. coming into a game in garbage time. He’ll have the benefit of working with the 1’s a lot more in the offseason, so hopefully that means less turnovers if he ends up being the starter.
I disagree. When you get put into the game your mentality should be the same whether your the starter or on the third string. Especially at the QB position. You need to go into the game with the mindset you have a job to do and do it to the best of your ability. Your performance shouldn’t be dictated on where you fall in the pecking order. That’s not what makes a good leader.

Reaction Score
I disagree. When you get put into the game your mentality should be the same whether your the starter or on the third string. Especially at the QB position. You need to go into the game with the mindset you have a job to do and do it to the best of your ability. Your performance shouldn’t be dictated on where you fall in the pecking order. That’s not what makes a good leader.
I agree with all of that. I’m just saying it wouldn’t be the first time that a freshman didn’t look good in garbage time chances, but ended up being a decent quarterback. We’ll just have to wait and see.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I know that the best guy should win and play. I agree with this 100%. I just hope it's MW or Steven Krajewski. Both were exciting QB recruits. So far they have been out played by a transfer in Pindell (Steven Krajewski was a frosh so excused). Now they might get out played by a D2 transfer? That's sad on multiple levels. Either RE can't recruit or our development staff is terrible.

I'm pulling for one of our current guys. It's not a good look when you're constantly bringing in transfers or JUCOs to play instead. Granted, it's the recruited players fault if that has to happen.

It might not be a good look, but what better message to all the JUCO targets out there that if you come to UConn, you've got a real chance to start.

Furthermore, the three QBs are going to bring different skillsets to the table; some that will fit the new OC's vision better than others. Does he want pocket stability? Mobility? RPO? Better deep ball? All of that will affect who gets chosen...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom