Martin Needs to be starting on Tuesday. | The Boneyard

Martin Needs to be starting on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Needs to be starting on Tuesday.

Rebounds well. Good decision-making tonight. Strong at the rim, defends. Even better passing than I expected from him--that was a new development.

If he can shoot a decesnt % from 3 he should be our 4 all year.

Reaction Score

Rebounds well. Good decision-making tonight. Strong at the rim, defends. Even better passing than I expected from him--that was a new development.

Hes not a good shooter but can be streaky. Hes also not the best finisher around the rim as i saw him miss a lot of bunnies the few games i saw him play. Hes a really good passer, defender and rebounder and doesnt make a lot of mistakes. If he can be what i saw for us he will be great for this team and will start.

Reaction Score
Hes not a good shooter but can be streaky. Hes also not the best finisher around the rim as i saw him miss a lot of bunnies the few games i saw him play. Hes a really good passer, defender and rebounder and doesnt make a lot of mistakes. If he can be what i saw for us he will be great for this team and will start.

I watched every URI game available online for free. He was definitely not a good passer--in fact he was pretty bad. Huge news of hes added that to his game!

Reaction Score
I watched every URI game available online for free. He was definitely not a good passer--in fact he was pretty bad. Huge news of hes added that to his game!
Wow. Surprising because i saw a few games and thought he was solid but i will defer to you as you have a much larger sample to judge on.

Reaction Score
He looks like the ideal glue guy/role player we need in the starting lineup. Do a little of everything without caring about scoring. Cole/Gaffney/Bouk just isn't going to work, especially against BE teams.

Reaction Score
Wow. Surprising because i saw a few games and thought he was solid but i will defer to you as you have a much larger sample to judge on.

I'd call him a "system assist" rather than a "creative assist" player from what I saw. He will make the read when it is part of the set play... but he isn't making something out of nothing pass the rock.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
With Martin, Adams and Bouk we have a certain level of street toughness to our team that I really like.

Reaction Score

He was a real calming presence tonight when a lot of guys were making some really poor decisions.

Reaction Score
He looks like the ideal glue guy/role player we need in the starting lineup. Do a little of everything without caring about scoring. Cole/Gaffney/Bouk just isn't going to work, especially against BE teams.
Honestly i do not like those 3 guys on the court together.

Reaction Score
I'd call him a "system assist" rather than a "creative assist" player from what I saw. He will make the read when it is part of the set play... but he isn't making something out of nothing pass the rock.
Ill take it.

Reaction Score
Martin has to start over Polley.
He might but this was his first game back. I still think the 4 is Akok Akok's position when he comes back with Martin backing him up there. It really looks like Polley and Carlton won't see much time this year.

Reaction Score
He might but this was his first game back. I still think the 4 is Akok Akok's position when he comes back with Martin backing him up there. It really looks like Polley and Carlton won't see much time this year.
Martin is a 3 not a 4.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. Kid looked like a grown man playing with a bunch of kids at times and he didn't seem upset about just rebounding and defending.

On ball defense by the guards continues to be very bad.

Bouknight is clearly the best player on the team. Needs to be less nonchalant. I love Sanogo. He's going to be huge for this squad.

I know nothing about Vanderbilt. I assume the athleticism will be a step up in the SEC. There were a bunch of plays that Hartford and Central just didn't finish because they weren't good enough - that won't be the case with Vandy. I wouldn't be surprised if they step up with a big name opponent and blow them out and I won't be surprised if they lose.

I continue to be amazed by Isaiah Whaley. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking - when he was a freshman - that this kid was not a UConn level player. But he's turned himself into a stud and one of the most valuable players on the team. He was great again tonight.

He looked great and appears to be more concerned with wins over stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom