Martin Needs to be starting on Tuesday. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Martin Needs to be starting on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Martin was solid. However, it was Bouk, Gaff, and Whaley that were responsible for the win. Everyone else had negligible or no impact on the outcome of the game. This includes Martin.

I have no problem if Tyrese starts in place of Cole. That would be fine. Polley is legit and makes the right plays. Let's see how everyone does next week against Vandy and NC State.

PS: I have no idea how anyone could watch the game and say that Cole deserves more minutes. Put some respect on Gaffney's name. Gaff totally outplayed RJ. The dude is a builder and has no ego. Great guy. Polley and Whaley are the same. AJacks is in the same mold.

PS: The world is full of people who do things, and people who take credit for the work of others. Gaff was balling and others are getting the credit. Stop it.

#BIGEASTGAFF

Martin was much better than Gaffney, he guarded people and rebounded. Gaff hit a big 3 and a nice reverse lay in I give him some credit, but he was also watching guards drive by him all game like nothing. RJ also hit a big 3 and is only slightly better on D, need one of them to be a lot better but neither are the answer but it’s only 1 games. Watch a little closer take the blinders off magic man... credit to Martin and Whaley first and foremost.

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt starts a very traditional lineup of 2 guards, a wing, and 2 post players. I don’t know if this is the best matchup to start either Polley or Martin. Seems like a good spot to start Sanogo over Polley and move Whaley over.
Not opposed to making that change but their starting 4 is Dylan Disu who's 6-9 220 and took 5.4 3's a game last year, sounds like a guy Martin or Polley could easily cover. But I hope we just play our best lineup and make Vanderbilt react, we're more talented and I want us setting the tone in games this year, not reacting to how other teams play

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Not opposed to making that change but their starting 4 is Dylan Disu who's 6-9 220 and took 5.4 3's a game last year, sounds like a guy Martin or Polley could easily cover. But I hope we just play our best lineup and make Vanderbilt react, we're more talented and I want us setting the tone in games this year, not reacting to how other teams play

this is key

Reaction Score
Well remember this is his 3rd game back from a serious injury. He'll be back at some point.
i know it just stinks. seeing the look on his face and his body language when he got subbed out after picking up another foul. he had only been back on the floor for a few seconds.

Reaction Score
I'm always happy when Martin is in the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Th thing I really like about Martin is he knows his own game an plays with confidence. That is huge.

But it doesn't matter who starts.

Reaction Score
Th thing I really like about Martin is he knows his own game an plays with confidence. That is huge.

But it doesn't matter who starts.

He's just a plus factor out on the floor. He makes everyone out there better.

Reaction Score
martin was great. so many strong takes. great rebounding. i am happy we have him active this year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Who was it who was saying we shouldn’t apply for a waiver for him?? Lol

Reaction Score
I am so pleased with Martin, couldn't be happier.

It's funny, when I see him out on the floor his body type looks just like Kwintin Williams - a version of Kwintin WIlliams who actually knows how to play basketball.

It's truly refreshing to see this program have so many options to put on the floor, so many weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom