Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
they are playing lights out but miami cant hit the broadside of a barn
not looking to a marquette vs cuse elite 8

Reaction Score
Remember that EstherCar clown talking up the Marquette loss as a huge embarrassment for UConn? There's a reason she hasn't been seen around here in a while. Marquette looking the part of a Final Four team.

Reaction Score
The same Marquette team that needed a desperation three to send the game into overtime, and then some assistance from the officials to beat us on their homecourt? People who don't think UConn could have made some noise in this tournament are mistaken.

Reaction Score
Miami's playing like a shaky 2 seed and Marquette's playing like a team that's been to the regionals 3 straight years.

Just hoping IU can knock off xCuse.

Reaction Score
Marquette has been good. Not great.

Miami looks like they got food poisoning that set in right at tip off. Awful performance from start to finish.

Please win Indiana.

Reaction Score
Don't mean to discredit Marq but I can't remember the last time I've seen a supposed big time team come out that flat, Miami played like it was a noon start on a Sunday.

Reaction Score
Yes, we make fun of Syracuse sometimes, but did we all forget that this is Miami of Florida we're talking about here???

Did we really expect a deep run?

Please don't go to the old thread about Final Four picks. Thank you.

Reaction Score
06x4dodo-tweedledee-tweedledum-white-rabbit-dormouse.jpg

Reaction Score
Yes, we make fun of Syracuse sometimes, but did we all forget that this is Miami of Florida we're talking about here???

Did we really expect a deep run?

Please don't go to the old thread about Final Four picks. Thank you.

As much as Buzz has irked us (like a mosquito), he has done a great job at Marquette. Much better than Brey. Kodos. He's got them a game from the Final Four.

Reaction Score
[quote="champs99and04, post: 55]People who don't think UConn could have made some noise in this tournament are mistaken.[/quote]

Agree. We would have been Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The same Marquette team that needed a desperation three to send the game into overtime, and then some assistance from the officials to beat us on their homecourt? People who don't think UConn could have made some noise in this tournament are mistaken.

KO could barely dress six players vs. peecee. We weren't going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Marquette can thank Bazz and Boat in the way they handled that 'good' Miami guard. After playing our two the BE teams have little problem (and no fear) with other guards, particularly small ones. That's all I kept thinking when watching the game.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but having Cuse and Marquette in the 8 makes this a strange tourney......neither is very good and representative of the solid BE teams in the past! But they why can't they be cinderella's ?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So a team UConn beat is playing a team that needed a wild 3 to get UConn into overtime. If everyone was healthy, I would have loved to see this UConn team go to the Dance.

Marquette and Syracuse are both prone to boneheaded shot selection. Marquette plays harder and seems to want it more, so I give them a slight advantage.

Reaction Score
So a team UConn beat is playing a team that needed a wild 3 to get UConn into overtime. If everyone was healthy, I would have loved to see this UConn team go to the Dance.

Marquette and Syracuse are both prone to boneheaded shot selection. Marquette plays harder and seems to want it more, so I give them a slight advantage.
Another advantage that Marquette has is that it has actually seen this zone, about a month ago. You can see that these teams that haven't played against the zone are trying to figure it out, and it takes them at least a half to get a feel for it. By then they are down 10-15 points.

Marquette has bigger guards, and will play more physical than Indiana did. I think the key is to keep Syracuse to 60 points or under, and try and penatrate the zone. Get into the gaps. Going inside to keep balance is good, but trying to take the ball from the foul line into the teeth of the zone like Zeller did last night is EXACTLY what you don't do against that zone.

Reaction Score
I'm pulling for Marquette. No great teams this year, but lots of good ones. With the one or two and dones, it's difficult to stockpile talent and be consistent (hello, Kentucky). Syracuse seems to have regained some of the momentum they lost during the season and are playing their best now, not unlike our 2011 team. Teams not used to their length on defense are having a tough time against them.

My attitude towards Cuse is meh. Even if they win they'll probably have to vacate it at some point. Go Marquette.

Reaction Score
Marquette is a solid but not great team. Cuse has better athletes but Marquette won't be surprised by the Cuse zone. Go Warriors, oops mean Golden Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom