Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How many records does Newtonh hold?
F85EFB56-F466-4F01-B35C-1D9699BD79DC.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think Tristan is the best all-around point guard that UConn has ever had. Scoring, assists, defense, rebounds- he does it all. Shabazz and Kemba come to mind as his biggest competition, and they'd get the edge scoring-wise, but Tristan is superb.

Reaction Score
He is good and has been changing the game in our favor ALL YEAR! He has work to do, but he just started playing this year.
Johnson has had two years of playing against the best centers. That is sure to help your development. This is also a testament to always playing against the best if you want to be the best. Standards are there for a reason. Our coaches bring players that want these high bars.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
This has to be one of the greatest teams ever fielded by UConn. Maybe there have been better players, but as a team... this one is tops. If they raise the trophy in a few weeks I might just say they belong on top of the mountain.

And shoutout to Jaylin! Next year is a gonna be a good one too.

Reaction Score
Johnson has had two years of playing against the best centers. That is sure to help your development. This is also a testament to always playing against the best if you want to be the best. Standards are there for a reason. Our coaches bring players that want these high bars.
Do I think we need help at center next year if Clingan goes? Yes, but SJ is proving valuable and gives us a different look. He’s making strides, he really is. And that WAS our weak link but now I’m not quite as fearful of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Dan Hurley and the UConn Huskies for winning the best conference tournament in the country!

Clingan was dominant. Marquette had no answer for him. 2 guys tried to stop his dunks and both got put on posters

5-25 shooting after 16 minutes, and we were still winning thanks to great perimeter defense by Castle and Diarra. Kam Jones finished 5-17 and 13 points. Averaged 20.5 points and 50% shooting in the first 2 rounds

Alex Karaban is ice cold. Gets pulled with 10 minutes to go for a freshman who gets sporadic minutes. Oh no…Stewart 3. Stewart 3. Stewart 3. Game is over 3 minutes later. LETS. GO. JAYLIN.

AP #1 and #1 overall seed coming soon. But now everyone is 0-0, and the only option is to go 6-0. Let’s go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Can’t remember how many Gus Johnson mentioned how long it’s been. Conveniently left out AAC years.
Gus can make a regular season game feel like a big game, but he didn’t make the championship game feel like it was any bigger.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a subtle nod to the growing rivalry. Their intro, in NYC, was a 2Pac song. Our intro was a Biggie jam. That wasn't an accident. But I could be reading too much into it.
Good point, although I bet about 1% of fans would have put those pieces together.

Reaction Score
Perspective: 1 seed UConn beat Marquette, a probable 2 seed in an elite 8 match-up. Other 1 seed, Purdue lost to a probable 5 seed, Wisconsin. UNC lost to a probable 10/11 seed. Houston lost to a probable 2 seed.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
When we talk about Hurley and whether he needs to cool it with the fans. Nah, he needs to keep doing what he's doing. These kids freaking love him. We talk about identity, our identity is Hurley. Dude, has created an insane culture and he's coaching circles around college basketball right now. View attachment 97760
That little dude has picked up a colorful vocabulary by now

Reaction Score
We've talked about our scoring depth - any starter can go off for 20 on a given night.
But last night?
Stewart + Diarra (18) outscore Karaban + Spencer + Castle (16).
We're in pretty, pretty good shape.

Reaction Score
What they need to do is say this is the line. You cannot cross it. There is no reason for any coach to be on the actual court in play. None.
And T Hurley up for it against St John’s but never Shaka. It’s two tiered justice. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think UConn and Iowa State are the only top 10 teams to win their conferences

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It is really nice having obliterated all the "bad records."

We beat a ranked team on the road.
We won the conference regular season.
We won the conference tournament.
We're going to be a #1 seed (haven't in 15 years).
We're probably going to be the #1 overall seed for the first time ever.

This is probably the second time we’ve been regarded as the “best” team in the country going into the NCAAs (2004, although maybe 2006 as well), but this time it’s not really up for debate. We’re #1 on paper AND per the eye test.

Reaction Score
This is probably the second time we’ve been regarded as the “best” team in the country going into the NCAAs (2004, although maybe 2006 as well), but this time it’s not really up for debate. We’re #1 on paper AND per the eye test.
We were considered the best team in 2004, but were a 2 seed and Stanford was #1 overall, I believe.

2006 I think Duke was #1 overall.

Reaction Score
Hurley made a great point in the post-game interview. The atmosphere in the first NCAA Tournament game (and second too) is nothing like the atmosphere at the BE Tournament. I've been to several NCAA Tournament games and with the session ticket split between teams, it's a very antiseptic subdued 4-way crowd split. Can't get lulled into mediocrity by the lack of crowd noise. I went to games at either Springfield or Worcester, MA and Albany and crowds were dead. Hopefully, Husky fans grab the aftermarket tickets and make the crowd as pro-UConn as possible. The other teams' fans always root for the underdog vs. the big dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom