Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Man, I love him.
He's OUR elite balloon knot [EDIT: 3 cheers for the filter after I forgot what I was doing and I quoted the screenshot tweet]. I bow to him.

It's a minor tragedy that his hobbled feet didn't give him enough bounce to get his dead-on go-ahead (winner?) over the rim and into the hoop at Allen Field House.

We've known for a while what we didn't know on December 1st. He was totally the right guy to be taking that shot, except for short-arming it due to the injury compromise. If he'd have somehow gotten the rebound, he'd have calibrated things for a successful follow-up that would have been as much a certainty as the famous ones we remember by Rip against Washington, and Shabazz against Florida.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Clearly a high level scout with incredible basketball knowledge. We can -it together a five minute clip on big shots Newton has made in the 1.5 years he has played for us. Logo threes and one’s the guy is just an incredible stat sheet stuffer. He may be the best rebounding point guard that we have had. If he gets his hands on the ball game over. His strength is underrated.
Agreed. And we have had a ton of good ones.

Reaction Score
1000015717.jpg

Rutgers about to update the graphic with Cam to claim National Champions coached by their staff

Reaction Score
im really excited to see uconn play some actual teams in the tournament instead of the bums they are forced to play. the 30 point blowouts are boring, by the time i check the score there's no point in watching.
This is the nicest compliment you've ever given us. I see your 'fanship' .

Reaction Score
If Hurley leads this team to another title we for sure will have to pay up because there are others that are willing and able to. Kentucky would back up a row brinks trucks on his front lawn.
Whatever the price, he brings in more money to the university and state. UConn will back up the brinks truck

Reaction Score
Because of our offense?

lol we have the #3 offense and two 50/40/90 guys, and that doesn't include Newton and Clingan.
I had a good chuckle at the comment. This is one of the most explosive offenses in the country. I think we`ve put up 80+ points in 9 of our BE games and couldve put up 100 twice (we did once). Still fun to get a view on how other teams see us. Purdue fans must be having an utter meltdown right now seeing as they beat Marq by 3 points which iirc is our only mutual opponent.

Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I had a good chuckle at the comment. This is one of the most explosive offenses in the country. I think we`ve put up 80+ points in 9 of our BE games and couldve put up 100 twice (we did once). Still fun to get a view on how other teams see us. Purdue fans must be having an utter meltdown right now seeing as they beat Marq by 3 points which iirc is our only mutual opponent.
Indiana

Reaction Score
I want to think I yelled Efff Tyler Kolek enough to will the team to victory. But I don't think they needed it... Back home. And still buzzed . Go Huskies!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The yard found something to worry about, never fails.
Ironic.
You seem really concerned about this. What is Hurley the 6th highest paid cbb coach in the country? He isn't doing this pro bono.
I’m just worried about Kentucky. Cal is making almost 10 mil per year, how many coaches are turning down that kind of money? One estimate I saw had Hurley at 5.3, which means they could almost double his salary. They have stupid money, and they will spend it on someone(Hurley/Oats/Drew). I’m reasonably allowed to be nervous about that, anyone who isn’t has their head in the sand.

Poe

Reaction Score
They beat Indiana by 20, Xavier by 12 and Gonzaga by 10

Reaction Score
Defensive STATEMENT !

Held Marquette to 25 pts. below their team game average and their starters to 20pts below their combined game average.
UConn’s on ball pressure, switching, rotating, drop coverage and rebounding was just too much for Marquette to adjust too. Kolek was out of rhythm all game because of the constant pressure on him and then running into Donovan at the hoop.

Seems like Maquette was conceding on the offensive and defensive boards

Reaction Score
Forgive my youth. But this is (for me) the best UCONN team I have seen since I started following them in the Fall 2010 at this point in the season.

These guys are on a league of their own. Truly amazing.

It would be shocking if they dont make it deep into the NCAAs with how well they are playing.

So skilled and balanced. Fascinating to watch.

-UCONN fans, please dont be spoiled with the "Its UConn and we expect this" mentality. Please make sure you are enjoying these wins. So much fun!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ironic.

I’m just worried about Kentucky. Cal is making almost 10 mil per year, how many coaches are turning down that kind of money? They have stupid money, and they will spend it on someone(Hurley/Oats/Drew).
If Kentucky makes an offer sufficient for Hurley to accept, so be it, I just don't see it.
  • I imagine that it would have to be substantially more than we could offer as he isn't moving to what is basically a different world for slightly more money.
  • It would require long term security as he would be jumping into a cauldron where nearly any result would be viewed as not good enough.
  • It would require him to (almost immediately) alter his views on potentially moving to the NBA and not coaching in his 60's as the return for the cash and security would need to be more than a stint that would be capped at six to eight years.
I think we're pretty safe here.

Reaction Score
As I said in an earlier thread, the only thing that can stop us is injuries. Pedal to the metal for 40 minutes every game. No letdowns.
Exactly. 40 minutes of standing on the gas pedal. I get killing the clock, but seems like we’re more lethal with keeping our foot on it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom