Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I said it in another thread, Diarra destroyed Kolek and Kolek makes that team go, Hass was also great on offense. Clingan and Diarra were both totally dominant.

If we stay healthy and Clingan stays out of foul trouble I think we're unbeatable on a neutral court. Usually with great teams you worry about a bad shooting night but we have so many guys that enough always step up when the others can't make shots. Our floor is higher than any UConn team I can remember because they're so consistent and our ceiling is as high as any UConn team ever.
Watching the game, it didn't seem to me that Clingan got away with any real fouls. But it also didn't seem like he was put in a position where he usually made a dumb foul. And with some time to reflect on this annihilation, I'm confused as to why Shaka didn't have his guards go at DC more often to draw fouls. Seems every other coach does and it's been fairly successful.

Reaction Score
Could Clingan's string of foul trouble games force him to get coached up to avoid fouls? If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

Reaction Score
I said it in another thread, Diarra destroyed Kolek and Kolek makes that team go, Hass was also great on offense. Clingan and Diarra were both totally dominant.

If we stay healthy and Clingan stays out of foul trouble I think we're unbeatable on a neutral court. Usually with great teams you worry about a bad shooting night but we have so many guys that enough always step up when the others can't make shots. Our floor is higher than any UConn team I can remember because they're so consistent and our ceiling is as high as any UConn team ever.
It’s crazy that we really haven’t had everyone click in the same game. Two players are off and we still win by 30. We probably need 3-4 players to have a bad game at once, if everyone’s on it’s over

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The only thing keeping me from saying this is our best team ever is our conference. It is only three teams deep. I think PC would have been a tournament team if Hopkins did not get injured. Devon Carter to me is in the top three players in conference. I really hope Seton Hall and Villanova win the rest of their games except those against us. We need at least four teams to get in.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s our best team, but it’s really good. The Big East isn’t really that strong this year. Certainly nothing like it was for some of our other teams.
I didnt say it was the best team but i think its the best regular season team. Sure its a weaker Big East especially compared to the old BE but the fact that they are dominating the conference by nearly 20ppg and are only recently playing at full strength makes up for it a bit. This team has answers everywhere and DC had easily his best game of the season and for the first time looked comfortable on the block offensively. If he continues to get better and the scoring and rebounding start trending in the 15/10/4 range i dont know how you beat this team. We`ve seen them have an answer for everything thrown at them.

Reaction Score
There's a thread labeled "Respect" and I have to return the compliment. Very creative

"That wasn’t just a run of the mill ass-whoopin…
We’re talking medieval colonoscopy with no meds, utilizing a barbed wire wrapped hand trowel performed by a circus geek trained 3 sheets-to-the-wind rabid velociraptor kind of ass-whoopin…

Me thinks coach oughta forgo the cushy flight back home and all crowd into a rented PT Cruiser or two to ponder this for a thousand miles or so."

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s our best team, but it’s really good. The Big East isn’t really that strong this year. Certainly nothing like it was for some of our other teams.
Who was better? Only reason we lost at Kansas was because Castle didn't play and Cam played on one leg. Seton Hall was bizarre but I still think we win that had Clingan not gotten hurt and knocked out of the game. We've rolled over everyone else despite injuries to Clingan, Castle, and AK.

'99 wasn't a great Big East, '04 was a better Big East but not by much. Last year?

Not looking for an argument and this team has to still play at Creighton, Marquette, and Providnce and eventually win it all to make the claim but curious what UConn team/teams were better at this point in the season?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only thing keeping me from saying this is our best team ever is our conference. It is only three teams deep. I think PC would have been a tournament team if Hopkins did not get injured. Devon Carter to me is in the top three players in conference. I really hope Seton Hall and Villanova win the rest of their games except those against us. We need at least four teams to get in.
Our best (BE & AAC) regular season was 17-1 in 1995-1996. What made that very special was how good the remainder of the top of the conference was (Georgetown & Nova spent most of the year in the top ten, a lot in the top five, Cuse made it to the national title game). I will say that this team may be the furthest ahead of the rest of the conference since way back when in the years we dominated the Yankee conference, but that doesn't necessarily make this our best regular season team ever.

Reaction Score
What the Marquette Message Boards are feeling.
Spoiler: pretty sad.

I dont usually check other teams boards but i took a look. Most comments stated the obvious that Uconn is the best team end of story. But i found this little nugget and got a good laugh as this person clearly does not watch any of our games and the last one is comedy gold.

"Newton is no PG. He made some 3s today but those wont go under pressure."

"Spencer will get bottled up by a lengthy defender."

"Clingan is good, but he’s a bit slow and won’t be enough."

"I don’t think this UConn version makes the FF because of their offense"

Reaction Score
Who was better? Only reason we lost at Kansas was because Castle didn't play and Cam played on one leg. Seton Hall was bizarre but I still think we win that had Clingan not gotten hurt and knocked out of the game. We've rolled over everyone else despite injuries to Clingan, Castle, and AK.

'99 wasn't a great Big East, '04 was a better Big East but not by much. Last year?

Not looking for an argument and this team has to still play at Creighton, Marquette, and Providnce and eventually win it all to make the claim but curious what UConn team/teams were better at this point in the season?
I still think the 04` team is still our best team but they didnt have the best regular season. This team has been better. So agree with you there.

Reaction Score
Castle and AK combined 3 baskets in blowing out the number 4 team in the Nation.
This stat alone confirms this was not our A game. How scary is that?

But our Defense was A+

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I dont usually check other teams boards but i took a look. Most comments stated the obvious that Uconn is the best team end of story. But i found this little nugget and got a good laugh as this person clearly does not watch any of our games and the last one is comedy gold.

"Newton is no PG. He made some 3s today but those wont go under pressure."

"Spencer will get bottled up by a lengthy defender."

"Clingan is good, but he’s a bit slow and won’t be enough."

"I don’t think this UConn version makes the FF because of their offense"
1708213655121.jpeg

Reaction Score
You keep saying this, but it's not true. The fact that the middle teams all beat each other doesn't mean they're not good. We'll have 5 teams in and likely 6

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're too good

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score

Seth Davis reads the boneyard

Reaction Score
I don’t want any excuses from Dave, Hurley better be top 5 in salary after this season. Find the money.
If Hurley leads this team to another title we for sure will have to pay up because there are others that are willing and able to. Kentucky would back up a row brinks trucks on his front lawn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom