Marquette is salivating on their BB board for us tonight. Good summation of how teams view us I'd say. | The Boneyard

Marquette is salivating on their BB board for us tonight. Good summation of how teams view us I'd say.

Reaction Score
"Cole is the head of the snake but not a particularly good percentage shooter. Martin is the guy that we can't allow to go off and obviously we must keep them off the defensive glass. If Sanogo scores inside I think we can live with that but we can't allow them multiple chances and a big advantage at the FT line.

Having watched UCONN Cole is the only player they have that can truly make things happen off the bounce. Force him right and keep him out of the paint. He is a streaky shooter and much less effective hard right (both scoring and passing) from my observations. The question is do we put O-Max on Cole or Martin?

Whether the so called "experts" like it or not, Marquette has prime-time versatility on both ends of the floor. When the Warriors are on their game the precision, poise, cohesion, excitement, anticipation, and Medievality to shred teams from all spaces and angles, remains a strength very few teams can match.

The greatest attribute a team or a player can have in any sport is consistency. This is where we continue to improve 1-12 and its a beautiful thing to witness. It starts defensively and building an identity, kudos to Shaka. I know even greater things are on the horizon for MU but we are fully capable of usurping our opportunity THIS YEAR. A solid game will get it done tonight and these guys should be confident, loose, and ready to take care of business."

Reaction Score
Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Reaction Score
I think the first two observations are spot-on. RJ is our most important player and we really are inept offensively if he has to work harder than necessary to get us/him into an offensive flow. It baffles me that we have had successful, D1 point guards as coaches for the last 10 year yet we seemingly always lack multiple ballhandlers/facilitators.

Reaction Score
Medievality means they are bucking the 3 point shooting trends of basketball. Instead Marquette continues to shoot a large quantity of mid range twos. They are firm believers in the lost art of the mid range two.

I wouldn't mind to seeing some other theoretical definitions of "Medievality".

Reaction Score
last game, we were able to score in transition and abuse some of their younger players (kolek, ighodaro) in the half court. i am hopeful that we see more of the same this game, even though they'll have morsell to put on martin this time around.

the offense wasn't the problem on saturday, though... we gotta rebound and get stops to win.

Reaction Score
”The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men. Gang aft a-gley”.
Robert Burns
Or to translate, the best laid plans of mice and men can still go wrong

Reaction Score
The key point made is Marquette players have improved throughout the season. UCONN shows no, or at best very little improvement. Obviously the difference in coaches. UCONN's inability to finish around the basket has been a constant since Hurley's arrival. There are drills to correct this but nothing has changed. A simple thing as having your head up when shooting a layup would be a big improvement. Anyone knows that using the backboard increases the percentage of success significantly, but this team hasn't been instructed or they don't listen.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
3356ac40ff23c14cd16ac31f110cfc44.jpg

Poking fun at someone who made reference to medieval weapons weeks ago

...at least EVERY UConn fan can agree with the fact we have never botched ANYTHING as badly as Marquette botched the "Gold" nonsense.

Wish I could find it, but i distinctly remember @Fishy posting a Marquette student reaction to the announcement, which resembled my own face when reading this board (sometimes).

Reaction Score
...at least EVERY UConn fan can agree with the fact we have never botched ANYTHING as badly as Marquette botched the "Gold" nonsense.

Wish I could find it, but i distinctly remember @Fishy posting a Marquette student reaction to the announcement, which resembled my own face when reading this board (sometimes).

Ha, this is true! And I absolutely know the reaction shot you're talking about and will definitely not be sharing. LOL

Reaction Score
Tonights game will definitely be interesting. With Morsell and Sanogo playing it may very well be a completely different game from last time. The trajectories at the moment are also quite different, as many mentioned already. Marquette fans have to in part thank UConn for that, since it was one of three games in a row that finally got the team in sync. I still would imagine that UConn is hungrier for the win though, while Marquette consistently has been bringing the effort (at least on the defensive side). All said, this one is a bit of a toss up in my head, but having to pick I'd say Marquette edges this one out.

Reaction Score
If I’m Shaka, I ask Morsell to shut down Martin, clog the paint to reduce Sanogo’s effectiveness and rotate guards on Cole to wear him out. I live with AJ and Whaley getting 1-4 wide open three attempts apiece (whether they take them is another story) and Polley getting 2-5 attempts if/when he gets space. That leaves Hawkins as the X-factor- could go Kidary Richmond on them or go back in his shell, hopefully the former. If he doesn’t show up and the rest of these assumptions hold, not sure where our offense will be coming from.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't blame them. They're on a roll, they want revenge, and we're slumping

I'm hoping that changes tonight

Orc

Reaction Score
As they should. We haven’t been playing like a top 10 team since butler/ georgetown games

Reaction Score
I don't have any real beef with Marquette. Their success is a welcome boost to the BE (obviously we don't want them to beat us). My only issue with them is that year after year I buy-into them but they always end up busting my bracket. Them, New Mexico state, and OK. State. Not to derail this thread but it will be irrelevant in 3 hours anyway- who are the teams you always seem to pick in the tourney and they never fail to piss the bed?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't have any real beef with Marquette. Their success is a welcome boost to the BE (obviously we don't want them to beat us). My only issue with them is that year after year I buy-into them but they always end up busting my bracket. Them, New Mexico state, and OK. State. Not to derail this thread but it will be irrelevant in 3 hours anyway- who are the teams you always seem to pick in the tourney and they never fail to piss the bed?

PC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom